Second Skin Audio

led lights for amp racks etc. what do u guys use or any ideas.

Rich Schenk

Looking for some led lights for my truck to glow under amps and maybe under dash. Looking for something that preferably is color changing and maybe changes with music but it all depends on price. I've used varad lights in the past but I know they our really expensive so any ideas thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated thank you.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I've always just gone to autozone. They had 6" or 12" strips of a variety of colors, and some color changing ones. I've used eBay led strips and they don't compare at all. I paid $20 for 2 12" strips of solid colors, and it was $40 for 2 12" color changing strips. Very bright too! I'd check out your local auto parts store. Because many carry them.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

what I use are the waterproof LED rolls from eBay, it's like $10 for a roll and can be cut in 3 led sections. as for the color changing ones, you need a controller for each set you wanted controlled or you can tie them into one controller and they all change the same color at the same time.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Fasfocus u have any links so I can see what ur talking about. I want everything same so one controller would be fine. U have any pics of how they r wired Never messed with those ones before only regular tube type leds .

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Ebay RGB Leds work great. And they are not super expensive like others

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

What r the controller s called and do u need them with all the leds

I think the autozone ones or what ever work fine but make sure you dont just let the adhesive try to hold them up. also, anyone here know how to make them go with bass. obviously there are people who run them through there amp. which isnt good. and the ones that change by vibration or sound arent very good at it..

hey man just be carefull with ebay rgb led's...allot of them are cheaper in price and will work but Ive been through a "few" different ones and so far the best quality to price led's have been epic lighting led's sold by Sky High Car audio....they aren't up on their website but if you message them via email or fb because they do have them just not up on the website........yet.

if anything they sell the best controllers in my opinion...they look exactly the same as ones you cab buy on ebay except for they do not hav an "rf eye" meaning you do not have to point the remote directly at the controller you can be pretty far away and point it anywhere and control the color and pattern of your led's...not to mention they can power a shit ton of led's.

they carry strips and modules, both are the best I've used...and I have tried many ;)

Gopro_4_zpsnyzz8pmr.jpg

20150221_145334_zpsxmnj7se0.jpg

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived