Solder size and ratio?

I don't like silver solder. Doesn't seem to wick as readily. Never saw much of a difference from various ratios. Just make sure you use rosin core, not acid core. Acid core corrodes connections over time. Tub of rosin flux helps too

This is the dumbest question of the century coming up but I'm asking anyway. Would it be okay to dip the power wire into the flux and then dunking it into the terminal or is that completely stupid?

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Thats how i like to do it. Keep the solder and terminal hot though or you will fuck it up. I fill them about 3/4s full....I honestly use a crimper now though, its cheaper and a bit easier and cleaner..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Thats how i like to do it. Keep the solder and terminal hot though or you will fuck it up. I fill them about 3/4s full....I honestly use a crimper now though, its cheaper and a bit easier and cleaner..

Were you replying to me with dunking the wire into flux and then dunking it into the terminal?

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Do your self a favor and use a vice if you can. i tried using channel locks to hold the terminal on a few and ended up cutting them off cuz i didnt like how they turned out.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Do your self a favor and use a vice if you can. i tried using channel locks to hold the terminal on a few and ended up cutting them off cuz i didnt like how they turned out.

Will do. Thank you.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Archived