compressor and spray gun

depends how big the projects are.....If you get a detail (small) gun, you won't need as big a compressor for it....but spray guns tend to need a moderate amount of air to get going. You can look up a tool and compressor's CFM or SCFM to compare the two. Here's a decent rule of thumb....http://www.toolbarn.com/air-compressor-guide.html

Also, Devilbiss usually has decent guns; they aren't incredible, but can get the job done.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Try HVLP great set up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

most hvlp guns I have looked at are anywhere from 4 CFM to 9 CFM so definately doable for most compressors. Usually the limitation then is the tank size = run time.

Also I thought it was weird some are rated at a super low psi so you can get away with less compressor I think or longer run time have no idea on that one though.

I've got a Devilbiss Finishline gun and a monster of a compressor(not worth mentioning since it's older than some of us here). The compressor is a two stage and 22 CFM and keeps up well with about anything you can throw at it.

A quality paint gun is worth having. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg. Prep work and technique will be big factors into the quality of job you do. The environment you paint in will also matter for finish. The less dust you end up with, the less color sanding you have to do afterwards. Get a good HVLP gun and a compressor that can keep up decently. You don't need to have a $700 gun and $2500 compressor to get a good product.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've got a Devilbiss Finishline gun and a monster of a compressor(not worth mentioning since it's older than some of us here). The compressor is a two stage and 22 CFM and keeps up well with about anything you can throw at it.

A quality paint gun is worth having. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg. Prep work and technique will be big factors into the quality of job you do. The environment you paint in will also matter for finish. The less dust you end up with, the less color sanding you have to do afterwards. Get a good HVLP gun and a compressor that can keep up decently. You don't need to have a $700 gun and $2500 compressor to get a good product.

godamn! 22 cfm is a monster. Yea I'm an idiot and sold mine which was perfect, it was a ingersol 5hp unit that put out 9CFM @ 90psi. Course they don't make it anymore so I am looking at $650 for a decent compressor....

oh well. Theres always used but its hard to find one used.

@CleanSierra, typically are your guns rated at 40 psi or 90 for their CFM rating?

Archived