Big 3 Question

Does the Big 3 always help in every situation ? Can or will it hurt if you have good voltage already ?

So i haven't done a big 3 on this truck yet. Although its been cold out i haven't seen a large drop in voltage at full tilt. Haven't seen the meter go below 13.8 as of yet. I know it will only take a few minutes to do the big 3 and find out for myself, but was curious if it helped 100% of the time

Giving some credit to XS here too. With the same amp and lead batteries i was dipping into 12s on the meter :good:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

The big 3 will always help your charging system if you do it right, most of the time you will see a gain on the volt meter but even if you don't you are making life easier on your alt.

What meter are you using for voltage, and where is it hooked up?

Dont see how it can possibly hurt. Better voltage and charging is never a bad thing; it may not be necessary in your case but i dont see how better flow can possibly hurt anything. Worst case is you spend 20min of your time and your voltage bumps up to an even 14.0

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Less resistance and higher current carrying capacity.

No it cannot help in every situation but for the vast majority of people, then yes it will help those that do not have a charging system with oem 1/0 cable in it already.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I have a SMD meter wired to the amp. On the heavy bass it will hit 13.8 and jump right up to 14.3- 14.9 depending . No zero in my factory charging and i have no idea what size my alt is. I thought i read that some see lower voltage and dimming after doing a big 3 ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

To see if you realize any gains, you should check voltage, under load, with the positive on the alt output stud and the negative on the alt case before and after the big 3.

Archived