Now that I'm getting older I'm realizing just how important it is to fully detail my car to keep it in good condition lol. I recently went out and bought:

Black Magic Wet Shine Car Wash

Mother's California Gold Clay Bar

Meguiar's Ultimate Wax

Eagle 1 Wheel and Tire

Turtle Wax Premium All Metal Polish (for my chrome panels and bumpers)

Turtle Wax Dash and Glass

Turtle Wax Wet'n Black Tire Shine

2 buckets

Wash mitt

Tire brush

8 Microfiber towels

And a friend gave me his Meguiar's foam wheel scrubber and cleaner, the foam thing that goes on a drill.

So my questions, am I missing anything? Does anyone have any crucial need-to-know or rarely heard detailing tips or tricks? When I say I'm new to this I mean I barely know a damn thing.

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

The over the counter products like the turtle waxes and mothers/meguiars are decent products but alot contain many acids and chemicals. I use alot of adams and chemical guys products. The adams spray sealer alone has saved me so much headache on washing my rig. There is a detailing forum i can't remember the name of, something geek. Those dudes know their shit in their, maybe browse around in there a bit

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Went through his videos and he never really gets into what I need to know

Then what do you need to know?

I assume you haven't fully watched the videos? Everything you need to know about detailing is in there, or atleast 99%.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Yes autogeek.net has real products, but expect REAL prices also. There is TONS of insight on their forums and the host some of the best training sessions in the world for detailing in south florida.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Archived