Sundown Audio

Just bought a Sundown nsv3 12" d2... Need some help

if i can free air mayhems on about the same amount of watts at 20 hz to losen up the spiders for extended amounts of time i would hope the sundown NSV3 could handle his set up below tunning no problem... just speculating i dont mess with sundown

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Yeah SSF is on, there's no boost to it and gain is set conservatively. And it's not bottoming out as far as I can tell, it's not bottoming out, I've seen Zv.4's bottom out and they make a sort of clapping sound, this has that messed up coil sound.

And yeah alpine, I don't have a clue what's going on, I've only heard good things about these subs and their power handling, being able to free air 2.5k+, and here I am sitting with one that didn't do it in the factory box with less power than they free air.

I don't think that power, clean or dirtu, free air or in an enclosure could kill that sub. It sounds like a defect in the assembly process. If we were talking about a 5K amp on it or a massive box with rated power then I could see a failure from the install but on THAT power, I just can't see how in the world it could have been user failure unless you mixed up a positive and negative.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If it was mechanical why would it only happen on certain songs?

I was thinking it was port noise or a box leak.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I didn't think about sir leaks or port noise, that could be what you're hearing. I'd have someone who has heard many different issues with subs listen to them. It's hard to diagnose via this format. The quality of hope the box is built can play a factor for noise, as mentioned, with port noise or leaks.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

That is a little low on port area, but it doesn't radiate from the cone.

If possible take it out and set it in your lap (if possible at least keep the pole vent at the bottom uncovered) vertically.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I've thought of the box issue, but the sound does come from the woofer, it's most prominent when you're have the port on the far side from you and the woofer, the box was built with birch and 1 3/4" screws, with wood glue and caulk, there's like no chance of a leak.

Only picture I have atm, can't take one as I'm not home:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E191037107272722%21152

Edited by Reely Neme

describe the sound plz

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread