You don't want them in the kicks anyway.

Why is that?

Unless you mean that due to what I said about the area being cramped. In which case, that's what pushes me away from the kicks, but I'm also drawn to it to see if justtttt maybe I like it. I think I just need to buy some spare panels and go to town and see what's up.

So I should just keep them in the doors then. Alright. Thank you. It's supposed to stop raining here tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll be able to start some work

Well it's happy birthday to me. Wife got me a few things

1B898450-C9CF-4A57-AC48-8F9174129DC3_zps

Not pictured, she also got me weather tech vent visors and mudflaps. I probably won't get anything done today, because she decided to skip her clinical for school, and since deployments coming up I'm gonna spend as much time together as possible. She's making me coffee and a bacon egg and pepper jack cheese bagel right now, and for dinner we're going to Texas De Brazil.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Got the WeatherTech vent visors and mudflaps installed. Top is the day i bought it, bottom is today

790222F5-C1C4-4871-BD16-12C87E77093B_zps

I want to delete the roof rack, and I'm undecided about the side steps. Need to tint the Windows one day, but that's no big deal to me.

Gonna pull the rear hatch panel off and throw some q-mat on there. Might run a dedicated ground to the front battery from the rear batt. Can't do anything about getting wood cut for the front stage until 12vtools gets some new bits out to me. Cheap bits are just that. Cheap. Time to get some recommended quality.

Ok, last update at least until I get my new bits from 12vtools. Deadened the rear hatch yesterday, no pics, and ran a dedicated front to rear ground. I think what I'm going to do is try and find the second row captains seats that were available for the NBS escalades/yukons and put those in, designing and building the amp rack to sit between them (assuming there's enough space in between). That should give me more room in the rear for the enclosure for four 15's. Hopefully I get the bits before next week and can get started on glassing the doors and pillars. If not, it'll be sometime next year before I can update again. Stay tuned.

Now, I know the inside cutouts where the speaker and tweeter will go look rough and ugly, but who the hell cares, because it won't be seen, and they fit in their cutouts perfectly without movement :) I didn't take another picture, but I made the cutouts match each other as far as shape and size go, using my jigsaw and flush trim bit. Jigsaw to make the hole big enough to fit the tweeter (that was tedious as fuck), and flush trim bit with the router to make the second one match
A1AA87C1-6A56-4EEE-BE9A-B452B3EA853F_zps

7875BE53-052E-43AE-A38A-A9486D76E697_zps

8AEA8F91-E7B5-40C4-8224-9E01CFC03B61_zps

Lots of sawdust all over my little apartment patio. And all over me. Cleanup time.

In other news, I bought the B-stock 40 pounder of Damplifier/Damp pro from Second Skin with their MayDay 20% off sale
7B73FFBE-9CF1-425E-9A0D-3E16D14D3204_zps

And now for the bad news....

I won't be working on the audio side of the Tahoe anymore until I return from deployment, and maybe even a little while after that, so the wife and I can find a house and get out of this apartment. BUT!! Stay tuned for the cosmetic touching up I might do before I leave. Keep it real SMD!

Edited by audiofanaticz
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

So, I bought the Headlight Relay Kit for the 9005/9006 lights that is made by the man himself, Tony Candela of CE Auto Electric Supply (www.ceautoelectricsupply.com). This kit is pretty heavy duty. It's very cleanly put together, and sealed tight everywhere in order to protect from corrosion.

E2516AD5-114F-41E8-BED1-3565FF349821_zps

OEM harness lighting

OEM%20Harness_zpscmwmv6e9.jpg

Night%20OEM%20lights_zpscoboad07.jpg

OEM%20lights%20reflection_zpsrafewcsr.jp

Install

Relays

Relays%20Installed_zpsgvw27hta.jpg

Unplug OEM

OEM%20Harness%20unplugged_zpsrhqj2vjp.jp

Plug OEM into HRK5

OEM%20to%20HRK5_zpsgpeurnrf.jpg

OEM%20to%20HRK5%202_zps9jfwktsk.jpg

OEM%20to%20HRK5%203_zpsp8v0rxb2.jpg

All plugged up

HRK5%20Harness%20Installed_zpseyqlusd3.j

Replay power wire attached to battery

HRK5%20Power%20Wire%20installed_zps2odoa

And lights after the HRK5 kit is wired.

HRK5%20Harness_zpseqdjubep.jpg

Night%20HRK5%20lights_zpszlxvrqof.jpg

HRK5%20lights%20reflection_zpstbu5wk0q.j

4-hi mod with the HRK5 kit installed

4-HI%20mod%20with%20HRK5_zpsddozxe0j.jpg

Edited by reedal
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I'm no expert at taking pictures of lights obviously, but here are the pictures "side-by-side" for comparison. Top pictures are OEM, bottom are with the HRK5 kit. It's faint, but there is a difference. I also have the PIAA Xtreme White Plus halogen bulbs on the way to replace the not so bright Sylvania's

3D40BE60-66DA-4E1A-A567-31FF5204C8F8_zps

620EDFD5-A02E-40EE-BB85-3100DC81D872_zps

8D159B5C-4D3B-4B75-81DB-1FE9C94C45B6_zps

• Like (+1 Rep) 1