Second Skin Audio

Need help with a Sundown Audio SD-12 ported box!

I have an SD-2 12" Subwoofer and plan to build a nice box. This will be my first box to build and need a bit of help with the design aspect/dimensions input. It is a D2.

Here are the dimensions:

Fs: 36.8 Hz (I want to tune to about 32)

Re: 4.0 ohms

Qms: 6.06

Qes: 0.58

Qts: 0.53 |

Cms: 0.08 |mm/N

Mms: 225 g

BL: 18.9 NA

Vas: 30.2 L

Sens: 86.0 dB 1w/1m

Le: 2.63 mH

RMS: 500 watts

I'm not positive how to calculate the rest that I need, and even then design the box.

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it.

OK you can do another site to you check dims on this site to cross reference with you current dims know.

http://www.reaudio.com/box.php

Do you have the exact model of the Poineer amp?

It's a Pioneer GM-A5602

900W max, bridgeable 2 channel.

You would need to wire sub coils in series and bridge the amp to get 450 W RMS out of it @4 ohm, I think is a ok amp for the sub,

I have an SD-2 12" Subwoofer and plan to build a nice box. This will be my first box to build and need a bit of help with the design aspect/dimensions input. It is a D2.

Here are the dimensions:

I'm not positive how to calculate the rest that I need, and even then design the box.

OK you can do another site to you check dims on this site to cross reference with you current dims know.

I'm not positive how to use it.

Here are the dimensions:

I'm not positive how to use it.

Do you have a measuring tape if so there is nothing to it (Width x Height x Depth) that is the rule for all measurements of all sub box builds

I do!

I see that some here r ready gave you a style and tune to 32hz with dims and a cut sheet as well will

you be trying that to?

Well,I was meaning to ask: is that cut sheet correct for what I need??

For that question you will have to as that person.

I was just like you on my first box build. I did not know what for what so what I did the first step is to find the max

height the max width and the max height inside your truck as your starting point

Then come back to this person cut sheet to figure out is this box is good for you or not.

And then you go from there. I know the first time of a box build is hard but you get it trust me

Archived