Sundown Audio

Amp suggestions (Dual 1.5ohm 12" 1500RMS)

TaurusBass1021

Lol well the sundown is definately what I ultimately want to eventually buy but I may go the cheaper route for now just to save the money bc the wife might kill me if I spend 400+ on a new amp even tho she is behind me %100 and is the one that is paying for it lol. I just want to give myself the best chance possible at my first competition I enter.

Lol well the sundown is definately what I ultimately want to eventually buy but I may go the cheaper route for now just to save the money bc the wife might kill me if I spend 400+ on a new amp even tho she is behind me %100 and is the one that is paying for it lol. I just want to give myself the best chance possible at my first competition I enter.

I hear ya, all good gear comes with a nice price tag. If you really want to go with a cheaper route...you could honestly just get a Hifonics Brutus 2000 or something...not sure on model name...at least the Brutus series amps are CEA-approved which means they are at least a step up from their Zeus series...but I only suggest it because its cheap not because I would personally run it...just my two cents

Found some links...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_77061_Hifonics-Cyclops-3K.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_94823_Hifonics-BRX1516.1D.html

I really like the sundown amp bc its subsonic can be set between 10-60hz and the lpf 25-300hz. Its alot better than my hifonics 1200.1 that I currently have now

I think you should get that one even if you need to wait a little longer, imo, better gear is worth the wait otherwise you just end up spending more on new gear later on..I say this from personal experience...lol

I went through 3 different 4 channel amps before I finally got a good one, I had Hifonics X800.4, then a RF Prime R600-4D and now I have a badass Ampere 125.4!! I wish I just saved up for ampere initially!!

Yeah I think that I am just going to wait for now and either save for another month or do a side job or two and just get the sundown amp. I rather have a better quality amp anyways. Plus I really think that the sundown will give me exactly the power that I am looking for and get pretty loud. I expected this 12 to be louder than it is right now but I know that it needs a different box than what its in now and a new amp.

I had a fi q back in high school that I bought and the guy I got it from had it running off a kicker 2500.1, not sure how many watts he was putting to it but it was so damn loud it was mind blowing. But he had it in an suv not a trunk, but I want my BL to be loud like his Q was off his kicker. It was hard to breathe in his jeep when it hit real low.

I really like the sundown amp bc its subsonic can be set between 10-60hz and the lpf 25-300hz. Its alot better than my hifonics 1200.1 that I currently have now

I think you should get that one even if you need to wait a little longer, imo, better gear is worth the wait otherwise you just end up spending more on new gear later on..I say this from personal experience...lol

I went through 3 different 4 channel amps before I finally got a good one, I had Hifonics BRX100.4, then a RF Prime R600.4 and now I have a badass Ampere 125.4!! I wish I just saved up for ampere initially!!

Yeah Im definately going to just save up for now. Idc how long it takes me to get the money to buy it. I know it will be worht it and I know what you mean going the cheaper route and end up spending more in the long run bc you want more efficient quality power. Ive been there and done that before and thats what I am trying not to do this time around. I got out of the car audio scene back in 2010 and just got back into it so I feel like Im relearning everything all over again lol. But Im doing everything right this time no matter what I have to go through in order to do it right. Im taking it serious this time bc I have always wanted to compete but never had the balls to actually go out and do it. Lol

I still have to build the box that I had designed for the sub here soon so I will get that taken care of before I get the sundown amp. The box I have now isnt cutting it and its only temporary. The box its in was designed for a hdc3 12 and it has an external aeroport that is tuned to 42hz. The sub does sound pretty good and gets loud already but I know that the sub needs a bigger box. I think its only like 1.9sqft and thats without the sub displacement. The guy that I got the box from was basically letting it go for free and he claimed that he did a 146.8 with it. Dont know if I can believe him but for $20 I couldnt pass it up.

Quality equipment is always worth the wait, I'm sure you'll be much happier in the long run with the Sundown amp as compared to something cheaper like a hifonics

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Quality equipment is always worth the wait, I'm sure you'll be much happier in the long run with the Sundown amp as compared to something cheaper like a hifonics

Yes it is and I know that for sure now. In the past I was never able to afford higher priced amps or subs but since I bought the custom Fi BL I now understand that kicker and all other subs arent sh*t compared to brands like Fi and Sundown. So I know now that its smarter and more wise to just wait and spend the extra money on a better quality brand/product instead of going the cheap route and sacrificing quality bc of price. I have a feeling that this sundown amp is going to amaze me at how much better my sub is going to perform on it compared to the hifonics amp.

Archived