Second Skin Audio

not getting the dimensions

holtzer1

just purchased 2 american bass xfl15's to go in the kids jeep grand cherokee, going to be run off a hifonics zrx2400.1 amp. im not understanding how to use the speaker specs to come up with box specs. anyone build a ported box for a pair of these or maybe can shed some light on what im supposed to be doing? the wood work is no issue as Ive built boxes in the past, but had the speaker company (mtx) supply me with all the specs to work from.

maybe this? everything ive been reading has said 3-4 cft per sub ported.

wont let me copy/paste...ebay item number 331518597104

3.6cuft per sub

3/4" mdf

laberinth porting

I looked at that eBay auction. There is nothing "transmission line" about that enclosure and besides t-lines do not make your sub "mega loud + low" like they are claim.

All I can say is stay away from prefab enclosures.

ok, tell me if im far off, 42 x 18 x 19 enclosure with a slotted port 4" x 12" deep should put me at 35hz tuning?

To know what the tuning is we would need to know all the dimensions of the port. So height, width, & length.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

went a different route, since im no enclosure building expert...well, figuring out size and port tuning...I am just having ram-designs design us an enclosure and build it to those specs. fingers crossed it works out, I have read nothing but good reviews on his designs though so I'm hopeful.

Archived