Second Skin Audio

any way to wire 2ohm dvc and 4ohm dvc to same amp jbl 14001

Tod Gumtau

It will work, you can do it, but it's not recommended because the subs will not be receiving the same amounts of power, and having only one vc on the 2ohm sub wired might give that single vc too much power and fry it depending on the power output of your amplifier. But it's at your own discretion whether you do or not. Try it and let us know the results.

Does your box have seperate chambers for each sub?

No matter what you do, one sub is going to get twice the power of the other. If your box has seperate chambers your situation could be made to work, though it will be significantly less than ideal. If your box does not have seperate chambers you are completely out of luck.

Regardless, the best thing to do since you can't find a matching sub, is to sell them both and buy a pair of something that does match.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Are you asking if you can wire 3 of 4 coils together and it work?? There's a reason there's 2 voice coils on that sub, both have to be wired up for the sub to reach it's max potential. There are ways to wire both of them together but you will get an odd ohm load any way you do it and I'm sure most people will just recommend not to. Can you contact the seller that you purchased the 12.4 from and ask if they will swap it out?

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

I have 1 orion h2 12.2 and due to missunderstanding 1 orion h2 12.4 it was supposed to be a h2 12.2 and i cant find a matching one for either any way to wire them to same amp if i wired just one voice coil on the 2 ohm and wired the dual 4 ohm to 2 ohm would it work

The sub with one coil wired is maybe good for half it's rated power and it's parameters will shift. Not really a good Idea, I would just sell both and get something different.

• 3 weeks later...

this install should last you for years to come

you should do it right the first time around or you will end up breaking stuff and spending more later

Archived