Sonic Electronix

Adding a Small Full Range Amp to Door Speakesr

I am contemplating to add a small full range amplifier such as the Clarion XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel Amplifier somewhere up in the front of my 2004 ford explorer to add a little more power to my full range. I currently have Rockford P1683 speakers in all the doors running off a pioneer deh-80prs. I was slightly disappointed by the sound quality of this setup and was wondering if this amp would increase the sound quality that is coming from these speakers. I have found the highs to be very sharp and was wondering if some of the low end of these speakers are lacking because the head unit is not putting out enough power (14 watts rms) to fully utilize the low end.

What is your opinion on adding this small amp to the setup. I was hoping to add this either in a space somewhere in the dash so i do not have to rerun speaker wire to all the door speakers again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

Amp will give more power which will increase midbass some. EQ highs down some to blend better. If you didnt prep the doors with sound deadener and seal them off then the midbass will be lacking.

The P1863's are pretty good speakers when installed & EQ'ed properly. I did a budget build in a Ranger and put 4 of these speakers in there stock locations. I sealec and deadened the doors and pods well. HU was a Pioneer App radio and a RF PBR300x4. 84 watts x 4. HU didnt have a very good EQ but was able to dial it it nicely. Sub stage was a P1 10" off a RF off a RF Punch 300. Little truck sounded good. Budget build under a grand but sounds like a 2k system imo/

Archived