Sundown Audio

So, recently I was given a nice little gift and was told to spend it on whatever makes me happy. Well, bass makes me happy. :yahoo:

I've always wanted a Sundown system that literally would just destroy my friend's ears... :lol:

What I'm expecting to get from this build is a rediculous frequency range that can absolutely murder lows, and of course have decent sound in mids too! :good:

I am 19 years old and my most recent setup was 2, 12 inch P3's on 1150~ RMS in some gigantic overly high tuned box and it was, meh. With this build, I would really like for it to be my last build too. Even though I said that about my last one...

Anyways! I resorted to this forum in hopes of meeting some new acquaintances who are more than willing to help me out here. :spiteful:

With that said ^^ I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. I want the best possible setup in the $1500-$2000 range and I haven't been involved with car audio long enough to really know what to get, but I know I want Sundown. However, I am very open minded and if anyone feels the need to suggest other high quality brands be my guest, but provide facts. :D

What I need: 1-2 subs preferably. Amp. Possibly new wire? I have 4 gauge on like a DB Audio 100 something amp fuse. Wiring Kit. And as for the box, I'm going to go with custom, but I want to know what everyone here would like to suggest before I decide what box to get.

btw, I drive a car with a huge trunk so space shouldnt be an issue. :)

Edited by LazyAF

:buttlick:

^Me irl

Spend wisely... 2 grand doesn't go very far!!

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Okay, I think I've changed my mind and decided to go for something a little more modest.

SCV-1500d

X-12 D4 @ 1 ohm

This will run me about $850, not including the box and installation. I feel I would be quite pleased with this, or exchange the X-12 for two SA-12's.

Any Opinions?

^Me irl

just 1 D4 X12? you couldnt run that at a 1 ohm load nominal, only 2 ohm or 8 ohm, if you got two of them then you could run 1 ohm nominal. Or just get a single D2

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

just 1 D4 X12? you couldnt run that at a 1 ohm load nominal, only 2 ohm or 8 ohm, if you got two of them then you could run 1 ohm nominal. Or just get a single D2

oops! sorry, you're right! My P3's were both D4 and had them at 1 ohm. I was thinking 1 D4 could also be at 1 ohm, lol

Thank you :D

^Me irl

3 SA-15" = $750

scv-2000 = $640

Leaving mids alone for now, I want Dominance Asserting Bass!!

With this selection here ^^ you think 3x SA-15's > 1x Zv4-15 on SCV-2000?

^Me irl

more cone area = more ear-o-meter pressure

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

more cone area = more ear-o-meter pressure

I'm starting to like the way 3 Sa-15's sounds as it leaves my pie hole...

I've never changed my mind so many times in one day.

^Me irl