Second Skin Audio

Rockford p3 12 inch in a 4th order

RomanZ

Hey everyone its been a while (like a year, seems like a while to me) since ive installed anything into my car. I have a 12 in p3 I would like to put into a 4th order bandpass box in the trunk of my car. After reading about 4th orders I would like to go with a 1:2 ratio. The sealed side being .83 cu ft and the ported side being 1.62 cu ft after displacement. Tuned to about 47 hz with about 15 in of port per cube via a slot port. This will be the first 4th order I have built or designed so if I may have this all wrong. :unknw: Just wanted to see what you guys think about the idea and specs of the box?

What box is your sub in now? What do you want to accomplish with a band pass box? How did you come up with those specs?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I had 2 p3's in a ported box I am switching to just one to conserve trunk space. I used torres box calculator to come up with the previously stated numbers.

I listen to mostly rap and some decaf I was hoping I could get a more level response over say 30-50hz as opposed to it just peaking out.

A band pass box is more likely to get you a peaky narrow response than a wider more level one.

I would take JoeX's advice and go to one higher power sub in a ported box if you want to save space.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If size matters yes a single better sub in a ported box, if you want to try a different type of sound a 4th bandpass then but it will be about 50% larger as you know AND you have to make sure thr sub you pick is fit for a 4th BP.

Okay so would the p3 do well in a bandpass?

Im just speaking on terms of someone who used to have a p3, if i were you, save your money and aim slightly higher. when you compare RF to brands that are just $75-$100 more you will be absolutely blown away with the difference and I know you will be so much happier if you save up for them. (whatever you choose)

But I know you're more likely very stoked to get this build underway and getting it put together, either way I'm interested in how this turns out! :woot:

:buttlick:

^Me irl

Archived