Sundown Audio

single SA8 and 600D? general questions

This seems like its a perfect match based on specs but what do you guys think about that combo? I'm also trying to figure out the best box design for it. I'm really just wanting to beef up the stock stereo in my Scion FR-S via an LC2I. I've seen the single 8 box with a slot port that sundown has available for download on their website but it looks like that's the same box they suggest for every 8" sub.

Should I go with a slot? is an aeroport better? one SA8v3 in a ported box w/ a 600 or two E8v4s in a sealed with a 1000?

between slot and aero would be too minimal to worry about in a smaller application and you probably wouldn't hear an audible difference.

I'd go with a single SA in a ported box just because I like the way they sound. I wasn't impressed with the e-series but that was also their V1.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I'm finding a lot of conflicting info about what to do for a ported box for a single SA8. bigger or smaller... I'm about to just say screw it and use the box design from sundown. it looks to be around 1ft or so...

random add on.

per the 130db radioshack meter some coworkers and i just used... on the dash i just hit 122 at 85hz. with Still Fly by Big Tymers it showed 116.