DC Sound Lab

Subs for Sundown 1500dv2

Hi guys. I am wanting to try a pair of DC 15's. My amp is a Sundown 1500. Given this amp, would I be better off with the Level 2s? Seems like a pair of Level 3s would be under powered. I had a pair of first generation level 4s powered by a sundown 2000 a few years ago, and it was brutal. It appears the power requirements are are greater now. Thoughts? (I really don't intend for this to be a vs thread, so my apologies if it seems so.)

02 Tahoe, pioneer 880, quart qsd 216's, skar vvx 12's, sundown sax 100.4 and 1500dv2

You can't really underpower a driver, it'll move even with a few watts.

The problems come when you don't think they are performing up to their potential and turn the gain up on the amp in an attempt to get more out of them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

if your like anyone on here, once you get a set up, you will want it to be louder. i wouldnt worry about under powering a sub. it will still sound very good. and if later on you want more, they can take more

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)