Sonic Electronix

So, went to my very first spl comp yesterday...

It was my first time going/entering a competition for SPL and just had a few questions about it.

It was USACI rules and I was placed into the super stock 2k clamp class. I ended up running a 143.4 db at 55hz and was just curious if that's any good for that class. The highest score for the day was only a 151.7 since only one vehicle showed up for the unlimited class but there was a massive line up for the rest of the classes. Anyways, is the pretty decent for a novice? The guy running it came up after the run and told me "the truck was without a doubt tuned at 55 hz".. I'm guessing he was talking about the vehicle's tuning since the boxes were tuned lower than that by about 15-20 hz.. just got confused on a few things and was wanting some expert knowledge on it.

It's an 88 Ford Bronco. It's pretty stripped down right now since I am redesigning the interior/boxes and running 1/0 wiring. The only thing still intact is the front seats forward.

Edit: The boxes are built already (obviously since I went to a comp), but the truck still needs a battery tray, amp rack, side panels, ect built and then 2 bucket seats mounted in the back instead of the bench seat

I would be Super Stock 2K if I competed USACI as well. I can put up a 151-152 USACI style in the 35-40 Hz range.

For your cone area and power, I'd say you did pretty good. That amp is listed at 4200W RMS on the site, yet it says only 5 40A fuses. It also only has single 4 gauge power and ground inputs. Is a 2000W amp. Good score, any pics of your box and setup?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I know I'm probably going to get a hard time about them brand, but I haven't had any issues with them. But I do want to upgrade brands for my other rig.

It's just 2 ECW120s and a ECD4200.1

Edit: I just have these in my offroad/play toy

You're doing just fine dude. Did you enjoy competing?

Curious, what did the guy that hit a 151.7 have for equipment?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Good job. Nice score. Don't even worry about people judging your equipment. Its your setup and what you like/bought. There's always gonna be some haters out there that have no life, and get enjoyment off bashing other peoples gear. Let em. Again nice job at that comp and just keep going up. :)

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

I'm not sure how someone can just determine tuning on the fly like that but anyhow that's pretty good man. If it makes you happy that's all that matters!

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

I'm not sure how someone can just determine tuning on the fly like that but anyhow that's pretty good man. If it makes you happy that's all that matters!

I'm assuming the person meant where it peaks at and the meter will tell you the peak frequency if you do a sweep.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived