Not sure if this would be the proper section for this but i believe so.

I like riding with my windows down. even though for the first time ever I own a vehicle with working A/C, I like windows down. But, my drivers side window is... Loose? With it down, when I drive over bumps in the road, you can hear it moving, loudly. At least I'm assuming it is the window because nothing else moves around inside the door, and that only moves when it is down. I can move it approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch when reaching into the door to do it. Is there a way to fix or stop this? The passenger side doesn't make noise, and when I wiggle it by hand it doesn't move nearly as much, almost as if there is a pad there or something.

power or manual windows? I'd take off the door panel and see if there is a bolt or anything like that that you can tighten up... :shrug:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Power. 2003 Tahoe. I don't think it's off the track at all since it has no issues going up or down, but I'll take a peek. Not sure how much room there is to look in there, but we'll see what happens. Good idea on the bolt... That might be it

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

I'll check the clamps. There were some loose bolts on the inner skin I tightened up, don't know if that helped any cause my window is up, and the switch assembly is currently in my back yard drying (broke off the piece that a screw goes into to help hold it to the panel by accident). I'm kind of leery about removing the plastic that covers the skin though. I'm sure it's there to help keep moisture off the panel, and there is a spot that says "critical area between arrows must be sealed". No deadener in my ride yet. So not sure how I'll check the clamps with the plastic covering everything but the stock speaker hole

At the risk of sounding like a dick (But someone has to do it) Take all that shit apart and fix it. Plastic barrier is just that, its not as big of a deal as you make it sound. Having a window bounce around in the door is IMO. While all that shit is out deaden it too.

You just got to get in there and get your hands dirty and not be a pussy about it. LOL

Seriously you really cant screw anything up.

At the risk of sounding like a dick (But someone has to do it) Take all that shit apart and fix it. Plastic barrier is just that, its not as big of a deal as you make it sound. Having a window bounce around in the door is IMO. While all that shit is out deaden it too.

You just got to get in there and get your hands dirty and not be a pussy about it. LOL

Seriously you really cant screw anything up.

Haha thank you. But I hooked up the switches and put the window down and wiggled it and now it's like the passenger side, just a little wiggle and no noise anymore. We'll see how it does on the road test when I go to Home Depot. Finding those loose bolts seems to have done it. Checked those clamps and they're good.

the piece about being a pussy was a nice touch. I like your style.

Right on man. I hope you figure it out and get it fixed. Sucks having extra rattles. I have spent countless hours and tons of money reducing rattles in my system.

Deadener in the door will gain you tons when you get round to it. I have been sound deadening and then using acoustic foam over that with great results, plus having doors sealed off best one can.

RangerRFBuild014_zps15e61637.jpg

Brothers Ranger i did a budget system in.

RangerRFBuild020_zpsbf810d07.jpg

Doors deaden and acoustic foamed make those $90 RF P1683 sound damn good off a PBR300x4.

Keep us posted on your progress and i hope you get it fixed.

It passed the road test. No more rattling from the window on bumps. Couple of loose bolts tightened and good as new. Thanks for the suggestions though guys. I'll try to de-pussy myself for you brassard when it comes time for me to deaden the doors. Until then, the plastic stays :P hope everyone enjoys their weekend!! I'm about to go watch Lee Brice and Chase Rice on the boardwalk and enjoy some cold beer while I do.

Archived