AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Work

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

So next step was to build my pods for my tweeters and my 3" rounds. I decided to put the 3" in my I pillars and my tweeters behind my mirrors. Unfortunately i didnt take as many pics as i wanted due to the constant mess of filling and sanding.

Running wires for my 3"

IMG_0456.jpg

Mounting rings at angles i want

IMG_0430.jpg

Dowels for support

IMG_0431.jpg

Now we don't get to see the 5-6+ hours on each pod in filling and sanding or even my fiber glassing. I also had a hell of a time trying to wrap these so i just sprayed them with bed liner instead. I am super happy how they turned out though, they are nice little sealed chambers.

IMG_0461.jpg

I will post more pics of them but my Tahoe is getting the ignition module changed so i dont get it back till tomorrow.

Now for my tweeter pods. I wrapped my plastic in tape then fiberglassed over them then mounted the tweeters mounting ring then fiberglassed over them. Again hours and hours of filling and sanding but i couldnt wrap these nicely as well so i also sprayed these with boxliner.

Base fiberglass piece

IMG_0429.jpg

Finished product. I will post more pics of these

IMG_0462.jpg

Then my carpet came for my box so i could carpet it

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

At first my plan was to mount my amps under my sub box and have them on rollers to roll out but then i realized that they couldn't roll out far enough to have access to all them so i decided to mount them at the same angle as my rear seats and have it join the front of my sub box.

The wood cut for the top and bottom of my amp rack

IMG_0265.jpg

This is how i had them in my plan to have them roll out from under box

IMG_0266.jpg

The xdi amp and the ps8 have blue lights on them so i am considering adding in blue leds inside my rack and depending on heat i will add fans

IMG_0275.jpg

Rack with the top piece test fit as well. It is now carpeted

IMG_0277.jpg

I had to put the sub box in without the subs cause the 76lbs each sub makes that one heavy box

IMG_0459.jpg

Amp rack mounted in place. I havent put the front on cause i will be accessing the amps setting and hooking my laptop up to the PS8

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Now my new Singer alternator arrives today and hopefully i get the Tahoe back today so i can hook up my alt and my dual batteries under the hood

Got some mail today

image_2.jpg

All 270 amps of sexyness

image_2.jpg

I have nothing but great things to say about dealing with Mike. We traded 12-15 emails back and forth, great customer service, quality product. I won't buy an alternator anywhere else that's for sure

image.jpgw

Love that SS man

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Archived