Sundown Audio

I am thinking about putting 1 12" Sundown ZV4 12" REV 2 in the trunk of my bmw 530i. Most likely going to face the box towards the seats since my seats fold all the way down. I will most likely get a 220 amp H/O alt from exsessive amperage, its about the biggest I could find from a notable company (singer, mechman, dc power, or anyone else that might be named has already been contacted and they wont make one for my car). I will probably have 2 extra batts (xs power d3100s probably) and a stock replacement, big 3 and a couple runs of 0 guage ran. My questions are, What size amp can I get away with here? I was hoping to go with a sundown SCV-3000d just to keep it in the sundown family. Would this be too much for a single ZV4 12? Reccomendations welcome... Would a straight back facing box or maybe a rear deck blowthrough get me better numbers? Would the elictrical I have be enough to keep this amp happy? Please help me out, all opinions are welcome.

Any opinions on possible numbers?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

(No im not a "sundown fanboy" I actually just had a 15" FI BTL N2 on a BC3500d in my last vehicle, I just dont have the room for it in this one and wanted to try something new)

If you are worried about how much electrical you have you could just run a smaller amp. That is a lot of power, you probably wouldn't be disappointed running the SCV-2000d. Just my opinion though.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

If you are worried about how much electrical you have you could just run a smaller amp. That is a lot of power, you probably wouldn't be disappointed running the SCV-2000d. Just my opinion though.

Thanks, I really want to go bigger, if I have to I will go with the 2000d I just really wanted to push this thing to its max potential.

Edited by Rick Griffin

I would wait and see what other people say, the 3000 might be fine too, I'm not really familiar with that sub. But me personally, I always tend to shy away from almost 2x RMS on a sub for daily use.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You can recone this N2 in 12". And keep your amp.

I want to try a SVC amp too. A Zv4 should handle 3k, but is it necessary for daily ? I don't know.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I want to try a SVC amp too. A Zv4 should handle 3k, but is it necessary for daily ? I don't know.

I might take it to a couple smaller comps if it turns out good. would be in a single sub trunk class so may actually do well. I like it loud and just want to stay as loud or get louder than my BTL N2, it was on stock elictrical (well, i had 1 d3100) and im sure it was power deprived.

I might take it to a couple smaller comps if it turns out good. would be in a single sub trunk class so may actually do well. I like it loud and just want to stay as loud or get louder than my BTL N2, it was on stock elictrical (well, i had 1 d3100) and im sure it was power deprived.

plus, I already sold my N2 so I could get something that would work better in this car. didnt know I could have reconed it. Probably shouldnt have, those N2s are nasty!

Thanks, I really want to go bigger, if I have to I will go with the 2000d I just really wanted to push this thing to its max potential.

When I was looking to upgrade my sub stage I wanted to run a zv4 15 on a scv 3k. So I called sundown and they recommended I get the nsv2 coil for that sub because it allows the sub to handle more power. I been beatin on this setup daily for bout a month now and it does just fine. Sub hasn't got stinky once

When I was looking to upgrade my sub stage I wanted to run a zv4 15 on a scv 3k. So I called sundown and they recommended I get the nsv2 coil for that sub because it allows the sub to handle more power. I been beatin on this setup daily for bout a month now and it does just fine. Sub hasn't got stinky once

Have you put it on a termlab yet? and why not just get a NSV if your using a NSV coil? Im guessing not enough power? Im not the most experienced here so im just wondering.

Edited by Rick Griffin

I've got my Zv4 12 on an SAZ-2000D. Thing get's incredibly loud. Unless you're going for SPL and numbers you probably won't see a huge difference between 2k and 3k besides the extra strain and cost on your electrical.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs