Alright guys haven't really posted much on here but I'm going to take all my stuff out of my car and clean all the wires up and also installing a new 4 channel amp and new 6.75 speakers in the doors.

I currently have 2 soundqubed hds312s In a custom ported box powered by an alpine mrx-m240, pioneer avh-4700bs for head unit I have 2 punch 6x9s in the back deck and mtx components up front powered by a crunch dra1450.4. The subs sound amazing very loud and play pretty low but the mids and highs are lacking and the crunch amp gets very hot and distorts at moderated volume.

So I ordered a rockford fosgate prime r600-4 and some punch 6.75" speakers for the doors to go with the punch 6x9s hoping to have a little better sound with the new speakers and the better amp. I'm also going to face the subs into the car instead of towards the back of the car. The subs are louder facing back but my trunk and bumper rattle so bad it's all I hear from the outside of the car so im going to face them forward and seal them off from the trunk not sure exactly how I'll seal it off yet but have a few ideas from other installs on here.

I'm going to post some pictures up tonight of the whole system just looking for some input on everything I would like to move my battery in the back to another location but not sure where yet and if I move it I will have to buy a whole new run of 0 gauge because I don't have enough wire to move the battery back any further.

Also still searching for a few odds and ends to make everything nice and neat and correct like battery terminals new fuse blocks mostly small things to make it look better.

I do not see any big gap ! Maybe you can make a trim panel, to have your box like the last picture.

I can't say if it will make a big change in sound and/or output.

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived