Sundown Audio

Strapping amps ohm question

csawatzky

Lol. Like I said, it know it pertains to at least 2 of the amps I own. This is per the Crossfire VR1000D strapped together.

Look at "Bridging Circuit". This is what I wanted to do with the 2 Avionixx I have.

Screenshot_2015-06-29-09-56-32_zpsu6aq0f

-Frank

You are thinking about it wrong, it can't increase the ohm load since The amps will be paralleled.

What it means is the lowest you should wire with the amps strapped is 2 ohms which would make each amp see a 1 ohm load.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wow lots of different answers... Not looking anywhere else because I've tried looking a long time...I know if I daisy chain each amp would see two ohms...I would like to be absolutely sure how many ohms I would be at strapped... Still not sure with all these different answers

If you have two dual 4 ohm subs wired parallel that makes it a 1 ohm load now if your amps are strapped that means they are also in parallel and it will half the ohm load so each amp will see .5 ohm.

This is the correct answer.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wow lots of different answers... Not looking anywhere else because I've tried looking a long time...I know if I daisy chain each amp would see two ohms...I would like to be absolutely sure how many ohms I would be at strapped... Still not sure with all these different answers

If you have two dual 4 ohm subs wired parallel that makes it a 1 ohm load now if your amps are strapped that means they are also in parallel and it will half the ohm load so each amp will see .5 ohm.

LOL. But he can't connect a 1 Ohm load subwoofer lead to a set of amps that have to see a "minimal impedance of 2 Ohms". His subwoofer impedance is too low. That's what I'm saying. Basing this info on what the(s) manual say. Here my old Memphis Audio 16-ST1500D manual. It says the same thing.

Bridging pairs of: 500D (500W @ 2 Ohm), strap them together, minimal impedance will need to be 4 Ohm.

The 1000D (1000W @ 1 Ohm),........."MUST SEE A MINUMUM 2 Ohm LOAD"

IMAG1341-1_zpsynox69b8.jpg

-Frank

He asked what his amps would see not whether or not he should do it.

LOL. ..... something something

-Frank

You just pulled a full reversal of what you said the first time posting in this thread. At least we are all saying the same thing now.

Haha still not convinced... I'm probably going to daisy chain if each amp sees .5 ohm I'll still have enough power at 2ohms each amp but since I'm hooking up sundown x12s I figured if I could strap and bring it to 1ohm it would be fine to push close to 2000watts per sub

Haha still not convinced... I'm probably going to daisy chain if each amp sees .5 ohm I'll still have enough power at 2ohms each amp but since I'm hooking up sundown x12s I figured if I could strap and bring it to 1ohm it would be fine to push close to 2000watts per sub

ok, well off to google with you then.

Not convinced about what?

What amps?

Archived