Will I rub with 33's and a leveling kit?

I have a '04 Z71 Tahoe, all stock atm. I plan to get 20x12 Moto Metal 962 wrapped in 33" Federal Couragia's while using a 3 inch leveling kit and 1.5 inch spacers in the rear. I don't want to drop cash on some big lift because that's not what I want. So like the title says, will I rub with this setup?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you will rub on x12 with cranked bars. You can always trim the lower valence and possibly do the big fender mod (Google search norcal fender mod I think) and you should be okay. The rear won't be an issue.

Also, try a specific forum like www.gmfullsize.com, I've been on there since 2006 and it's great site for GM trucks. I don't think an audio forum is the best place to get good answers about mechanical or vehicle specific issues...

Don't 4x have a "32" stock?or is it a 265\70/17?

My 03 Tahoe 4x4 is 265/70/16, not sure how much different the Z71 is though, but I would think the tires/wheel size would be the same for that generation throughout, only difference being the gears and the tread of the stock tires. Correct me if I'm wrong

Don't 4x have a "32" stock?or is it a 265\70/17?

Without knowing the offset of the wheel it's tough to say exactly, but typically a x12 wheel will rub. My x10 methods rubbed like crazy on the front valence, and they have a very aggressive offset which is probably on par with a normal offset x12 wheel...

Also, try a specific forum like www.gmfullsize.com, I've been on there since 2006 and it's great site for GM trucks. I don't think an audio forum is the best place to get good answers about mechanical or vehicle specific issues...

Alright I will, I just saw this area of discussion so I thought I'd ask, and got a quick response (you) so yeah.

Archived