Sundown Audio

Lets hear what you have to say - any advise

Hi peoples,

Im from Johannesburg, South Africa...... and no we do not have lions and giraffes as pets.

Anyways....

Car audio has a massive following here in SA, but with the volatility of the exchange rate not many can afford the top quality products that are available in the US.

We recently had the privileged of getting a few Sun Down products into the country, being a DD lover I decided to get my hands on a X15 D2.

Current setup:

Alpine 117ri HU

DD VO8"

DD T2

DD VO B2

DD c5c

DD x1 processor

Sun Down X15 - test enclosure is a 4.25 cube, tuned to 30hz - everyday setup

Stetson 2k5 - 2500rms

Kinetik hc1800 x 2

My question is what setting should I use on the processor to cross over on the stage and subsonic on the sub.

Any advise is welcome.

Pic of the setup will follow as soon as I figure out how to upload

Why are you using two different tweeters and how are you crossed over now? Are the tweeters on the same channel and where are they mounted? Pics would be a big plus.

As for the sub, if you can set the gains right with no clipping, I would suggest using test tones and observation on the sub's behavior and cone movement to see at what frequencies it begins to struggle. Be careful to not bottom it out. Test with different subsonic values and see what gives you best results for your application.