Second Skin Audio

ADVICE on how to hit 20Hz hard with my planned setup?

I'm looking to put a combination of subs or 1 monster sub Into a ported box around 5 or 6 cubic feet( max space I have for box) The subs I'm looking at are 2000 watt rmseach.

Some of them hz range is 25hz to 500

My main goal is to be able to hit 20Hz frequencies hard. SPL not too worried about. I'd be happy with 125-145db.

Question. If a subs rated for 25hz how do I get it to play down to 20 hz. Is that with tuning ports and box size?

I'm going to send 4 or 5 thousand watts to these subs.

My power and big three and alternator will not be an issue as I have those done accept for at.

All advice welcome.

Daily driver

• Crescendo Audio Encore 4.5k
  • Fi SP4v2 18" ( 5.5 cube vented tuned 27hz)
  • Hertz Millie mid-range, tweets, xovers
  • Hertz SPL Show 10" mid-bass ( 1 cube sealed box)
  • Hertz hdcp 4 channel amp
  • 370 amp mechman hairpin
  • 2x d3400 XS Power batteries
  • 2/0 gauge 100% ofc welding/ground cable (big 3 done)
  • 40 ft.2 second skin pro/ 40 ft.2 dynamat extreme ( doors sealed)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No "vs" threads

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

&fixed*

Daily driver

If you tune a sub box for 25Hz it's going to kill your higher end frequencies. You also have to gear your self towards SPL if you want the 20Hz range to hit hard.

What kind of amplifier/power set-up are you looking at to push 4-5K to your set-up.

You also need approximately 8FT³ to do a good box for 2 15's.

If you tune a sub box for 25Hz it's going to kill your higher end frequencies. You also have to gear your self towards SPL if you want the 20Hz range to hit hard.

What kind of amplifier/power set-up are you looking at to push 4-5K to your set-up.

You also need approximately 8FT³ to do a good box for 2 15's.

For my power and ground I ordered about 40 feet of knukonceptz 100 ofc .

I just ordered an xs power 3300 amp battery and will be ordering another one soon.

I have a 145 amp alternator and will be looking into a high output eventually if the two batteries aren't sufficient enough.

As for amp(s) whatever is 1 or 2 ohm stable. With clean power. Maybe a Rockford or hertz as I don't know of any other good brands from experience.

I still have some time to decide on subs and amp because I need to sell my jlw713 in ported jl box and hd1200 amp before moving forward

Daily driver

Also I should state this will be a challenge for me. Alot of peope will prolly say cant be done but id like to try Because this is my daily driver. And I only want to take out of the three seats in the back of my sierra quad cab or extended cab.

I will use that entire space of where the seat was for my box. From roof to floor and back wall to back of passenger seat. My sub or subs will face the drivers side window and be set near the roof and my port (vent) will be on the ground facing driver side. My amps will be underneath the other two seats and will be cooled with their heat sinks and also air from my sub vent. ( it sounds to me like it will work in theory)

I have hertz 1650.3 for mids and tweets

I should mention I plan on getting two 8 inch hertz sv200l (250 watt rms each) woofers and sending 333 watts rms to those each. .

( maybe that will take care of the 60-80hz range fairly well? What do you think?

I will be eventually getting kick panels for the doors

I've read u can take two 12s or two 15s. Make one 5 to 6 cube box. Seal off one chamber at about a 1.2 cubes. Then have the other ported and 4.5 or so cubes to hit all bass frequencies will with a little loss of spl without even thing your amp. Just using the different box size to tune each sub.

Thoughts?

Also what what be the best way to acheive 20-25 hz hard. 3x10, 2 12, 2x15. 1x18?

I'll definately look into that 18 u mentioned

Daily driver

Just an FYI, anytime you mention more than one brand it is considered a vs thread, not our rule, we just merely let others know before it gets locked.

The best we can say is every company has strengths and weaknesses and you would have to try each brand for yourself to know which one would be best for your application.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Just an FYI, anytime you mention more than one brand it is considered a vs thread, not our rule, we just merely let others know before it gets locked.

The best we can say is every company has strengths and weaknesses and you would have to try each brand for yourself to know which one would be best for your application.

I understand. Topic changed

Daily driver

You have to change it yourself. Edit the first post, click full editor (something like that) and change the text for the topic.

Also, two batteries and a stock 145A alt won't be enough for 4-5kW. Even on music. I'd get at least a 270A alt at a minimum, but the biggest you can get would be best. Or just build a good size battery bank (4-5 group 31's) and an AGM charger to top them off every night.

Archived