Adding Second Battery, I need advice.

hi guys, ok here;s what im gonna do in the near future. I have a Red top optima at the front of my 2008 Kia Rio. big 3 is done and i have a 0 gauge wire running to the back, its fused at the front. at the back the 0 gauge goes into a spliter, and two 0 gauge wire from there to my two amps, i Crescendo Symphony S1500.1 fedding my two Sundown audio SA12's in a poted box, and one Precision Power PPI P900.4, im using a reducer to fit the 0 gauge for this one. i have 2 channel feeding a passive crossover i got made from solen, the tweeter is an lpg 26 something mounted low in my custom kick panel also i have 2 vifa pl11 in those kicks, the other 2 channels feed 2 8" Dayton rs225-4 in my doors that are over sound proofed with brown bread. its like dynamat in case you're not familier.. i pick this cayse it sticks so well. .. and my deck is a kenwood and i use.WAV files 99% of the time. .. when i bought the crescondo i called em and the guy told my to make sure it had its own battery if i wanted to best of it. so anyways... sorry for the long post but now you know the ins and outs. my question is: Im gonna get an oprima yellow top for the back soon. where can i find Battery Terminal that are gonna accept the 0 gauge coming from the front, and two 0 gauge strait from the Battery Terminal to the amps?

thanks for reading this and i posted this here as i felt its the best place to get answers from ppl rhat have dome this before.

cheers

whats the question again? if you have a chance i'd suggest getting the same battery for the rear as the front assuming it's a dry cell batt

Sorry, I just read my thread again and wow.. typo much..lol the question is: where can i find a battery post terminal that accepts my 0 gauge coming from the front, to the positive and has two 0 gauge outputs so i can run two cable strait from the battery post to my amps.? and i thought rhe yellow was better for audio.. i could not find one thats why i went red top

thanks

look into the batterys a bit more, some of them have duel terminals like threaded bolts and use them instead, just get some big 0 gauge lugs for your wire. as for your front battery there are a few brands that make some big terminals that fits 0 gauge

look into the batterys a bit more, some of them have duel terminals like threaded bolts and use them instead, just get some big 0 gauge lugs for your wire. as for your front battery there are a few brands that make some big terminals that fits 0 gauge

hi, i forgot to mention that i live in a small town in ontario Canada. and ordering from the states or far.. Closes big city Toronto about 600 miles. the price of shipping is crazy. The reason i want to stick with optima is cause they sell em locally at Canadian tire. the yellow to are 240 ish so i can deal with that. hope you understand.. its not my first choice but i can afford it. all i need is a way to connect my 0 gauge in and two out. I was hoping you guys had seen or used em before,

hi, i forgot to mention that i live in a small town in ontario Canada. and ordering from the states or far.. Closes big city Toronto about 600 miles. the price of shipping is crazy. The reason i want to stick with optima is cause they sell em locally at Canadian tire. the yellow to are 240 ish so i can deal with that. hope you understand.. its not my first choice but i can afford it. all i need is a way to connect my 0 gauge in and two out. I was hoping you guys had seen or used em before,

oh and one more thing, SIDE SHOW recommended that i use the same battery i have under the hood. Optima Red Top/ will it be an issue going with a yellow and the back? i dont think the red top in a good choice to stereo. its good to start the car. Could you explain why its not good please. and should i get another red top? or yellow like i thought?

if there is a good reason ill go red ? i cant afford to get 2 yellow, plus with our winters a red top is the way to go.

Archived