Sundown Audio

Rockford pbr300x2 worth it?

Mr DeeBeez

my dad just purchased a Rockford fosgate pbr300x2 for his motorcycle to find out it won't work with his bike. He asked if I wanted to buy it from him for $100. Still in plastic. Does anyone have any experience with this amp? I know size doesn't always matter, but it is tiny! And has 10g power and ground inputs. Would it be worth it to buy it for 2 Rockford power 6x8's?

The speakers will have to keep up with a fi sp4 15 sealed off from trunk on about 3k

Just curious about people's experience with this amp and your input. Thanks!

52918581-F7BE-4112-81CB-21B7696A70B7.jpg

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Installed a PBR300x4 to power 4 RF P683s and it pushed them great. Been in over a year now with no issues. If its rockford its solid IMO. $100 is a good deal too.

I had a pbr300x4 running active for on my doors for about year and half. It got hot but nevet went in to protect. Good little amps. Got it used $125 shipped.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

You know maybe in a car, enclosed space for 100 bucks it's not bad.....but really the Cerwin B2 is 125.00 on Amazon and I think well worth the 25.00 difference. Especially on an HD, where the stock HU isn't that great, and in an open environment you need some serious juice to hear it volume at 75mph on the HWY. The PBR is popular with HD guys because we can't use Class A/B amps so Class D is pretty much it, and those amps kill FM reception. So the boosted rail and size of the PBR was a hit with HD riders.....but like i said, even for just a tad over 100 bucks you can do better.

At first I tried that amp with Infinity Kappas as they are 2ohm and could get the most out of that amp. It was a decent budget upgrade for a bike but you couldn't hear it on the highway. For the 2015's he's going to have a tough time finding a good spot to put an amp. Chances are he'll need a bracket where he can mount on the side. The B2 may be thin enough to slide between the glove box. If he wants a kick ass system out of the box tell him to check out Biketronics....they're speakers are made by Hybrid Audio and have a life time warranty and their amps benched at 160w per channel at 4ohm.

If not, B2 and Hertz HCX's. That's a nice ass bike...he should have a nice set up for it.

Archived