Sundown Audio

I think I am going to go the X route, just not sure if I want to get a 15 or 18. If I get an 18 and want to upgrade later on it will probably be a problem, but if I get a 15 I should have no problem when it comes to room -- just not sure I want to go that crazy with the electrical down the road.

Anyone have an opinion on what coil configuration I should get? These are my options at the moment for power until I can save up for a better amp...

Earthquake ph5000w - 1500 watts x 1 into 4 ohms, 3000 watts x 1 into 2 ohms. I find it hard to believe this amp does rated, but it did push my RE SX 15's pretty well for a while. The electrical was upgraded at the time.

Viper d1200.1 - 1200 watts x 1 into 1 ohm, or I can strap both for 2400 watts

Do the sa's man.

Not only is it more cone area it will be more total xmax and having multiple coils will mean they will run cooler.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Do the sa's man.

Not only is it more cone area it will be more total xmax and having multiple coils will mean they will run cooler.

Well maybe I'm not completely sure on my decision then. At least I am starting to figure out a little more what the pro's and con's from running each setup would be. Never thought about the fact that two SA's would equal more xmax than a single X. Obviously upgrading to a second X down the road changes everything, but also costs a hell of a lot more money, which could push upgrades to somewhere not too near in the future.

With 2 Xs you will need a SCV-3000... My opinion then you would need a HO alt and atleast 2 AGM in the back. I'd say stick with the SA as you wouldn't really need the HO alt..

Upgrading down the road if I have to, or want to add another sub won't be a problem. I just don't want to have to upgrade to another battery or HO alternator right now. I think I am probably just going to go with the X 15 or 18... If I don't like it I can sell it and get a pair of SA's.

This is sundownz reply to someone else on a different site (don't wanna say the name but most of you I'm sure will know)

The difference between V1 and V2

Yes the specs are quite different. The motor has changed substantially making it a full v.2 model -- I'll have a full list of T/S up in the near future.

Stronger motor and overall stiffer suspension (we dropped a spider layer but the Mega-Roll v.2 is just that much stiffer) make the T/S quite a bit different.

This is sundownz reply to someone else on a different site (don't wanna say the name but most of you I'm sure will know)

The difference between V1 and V2

Yes the specs are quite different. The motor has changed substantially making it a full v.2 model -- I'll have a full list of T/S up in the near future.

Stronger motor and overall stiffer suspension (we dropped a spider layer but the Mega-Roll v.2 is just that much stiffer) make the T/S quite a bit different.

Hmm... I have some learning to do lol

What did you end up getting? I currently have 2 SA-15's running off a SCV-2000D and love it! I used to have 1 X15 running off my SCV-2000D. For being a single sub set up, it wowed me and a lot of others. The only down side for me is that it did not hit higher frequencies which made me go with the SA-15's. But it sure shook my ride with all the lower frequencies!