please explain channel summing

Idk what channel summing means in this application. I have a memphis 6ix oem integration unit for my rca outs and it has the option to sum the rear and front channels ..what does this mean.? I dnt understand it. Dont laugh..pls help

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

It means that when you only have four channel input (two front two rear) it sums (adds) the signals to give you two more channels for a sub out as well

let's say you have OEM tweeters and mid in your front door that are given signal through an OEM actively crossed amp. the signal summing device will take those 2 different signals (tweeter 4kHz-20kHz, mid 150hz-4kHz) and combine their signal to make a single signal of their combined frequencies.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Im using the memphis six so i can have all 6 rca outputs..im going to run a 4ch amp for front and rear components..what im tryna figure out is haw should i be placing these prongs..channel sum mode or separate? I just dnt understanf what exactly its for because i looked it up and the answers i do get are all different

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

It means that when you only have four channel input (two front two rear) it sums (adds) the signals to give you two more channels for a sub out as well

Summing = combining the stereo left and right channel into a single mono for sub output.

While many 5-channel amps do indeed have this feature, he's talking about a full OEM integration summing device. It essentially does the same thing. Exactly how it sounds. It takes high-level all channel inputs from any and everything the OEM system may have, sums them all up into one signal, and then outputs low-level RCA outputs. This piece of equipment is generally used when a factory amp or possibly factory head unit had odd outputs/crazy EQ curve.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Separate. If it has six outs and you only need four then separate will be fine for the components

People are giving you generic answers for summing, and not realizing that you need to know what summing effects with your particular piece of equipment, the 6ix.

It depends on the system you are integrating it with.

​If your vehicle has separate amps for tweeters and mids you need to sum.

Archived