Noob on Sound Quality world and comps!

fecupe2001

Hey guys, i´m a complete rookie about SQ, but i´m kind of tired of doing the same thing everytime and i need to set new goals for me on the car audio world, taking the SQ route on building and competing on a couple of cars now, i´m excited for sure :)

Anyways, ive been reading A LOT last few weeks and i have just a few questions for you experts, rules are pretty basic around here, nothing major, i can build kick panel, door panels, a pillar pods, etc etc etc, i have some audison and hertz products on our storage along with some jl audio so i think i have a great starting point!

Questions:

1) Would you prefer 2 way or 3 way front?

2) in case it´s 3 way, would you do 6.5" woofer on door and mid bass and tweeters on a pillar or what?

3) Sub box, using a single jl audio 12w6 or a pair of 10w6 , what´s the best option? getting a qtc .707 sealed box or trying to do a flat response ported box?

I have an audison bit one and bit ten dsp, audison voce components, audison 3 way apk 165 components , hertz high energy components 2 way and 3 way components, etc etc, pick whatever you want me to use :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I'd focus on what it would take in a specific vehicle for stage and image.

There is no "generic" way to build a Sound Quality vehicle ...

BTW ... expensive brand names doesn't mean dick without proper planning and install practices.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'd focus on what it would take in a specific vehicle for stage and image.

There is no "generic" way to build a Sound Quality vehicle ...

BTW ... expensive brand names doesn't mean dick without proper planning and install practices.

yeap i know brands doesn´t mean shit if you don´t build it right, i´m talking about audison and hertz since we already have some equipment on the storage

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Generally I'd like to start out with 2 way passive. Learn what to look for in that particular vehicle and build from there ...

No need for processing until your intermediate and advanced stages of tuning ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived