Second Skin Audio

I need help on a complicated recone

Ok so my girlfriend has had 2 15inch audiopipes for a few years now. They are like these but the older models. The older models were 2.5 inch voice coil and 850 rms. One of them blew the other day and i really want to recone it because she was pretty upset about it. One of the voice coils were reading 0 ohms so i pulled up the surround and its rubber so it all stayed in one piece so i can reuse the entire cone (Because its aluminium). So one of the problems is that the former on the coil is not like one i have ever seen. Its all one piece and connects directly to the cone. How could i put a new coil on it? and also how do i recone it if i cant reach in the middle to put shims?A98D37CE-B6FA-4D47-8231-9D7AB7E15FE0.jpg4188EE54-2303-4E94-AEEA-3F9A90D2327E.jpg0B8327E9-162C-4D7A-BF90-A5B9514F056F.jpgB6193864-5D5B-44F9-8C69-09CE504B83ED.jpg

2009 Chevy 2500HD

6" Lift

35" Nittos

22"x13" Fuel Kranks

Pioneer App Radio 3

Alpine 500x5

Memphis PRX 1.1000

Memphis Mojo5 12"

Red Oracle Halos

It would cost more to recone them than to buy a new pair of subs, just pick another set of subs and go with them.

Rockford P2's are an awesome sub without breaking the bank that once broke in would sound worlds better than what she has now.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

It would cost more to recone them than to buy a new pair of subs, just pick another set of subs and go with them.

Rockford P2's are an awesome sub without breaking the bank that once broke in would sound worlds better than what she has now.

yeah i know but the only reason she likes them is because the way they look i know that dumb lol

2009 Chevy 2500HD

6" Lift

35" Nittos

22"x13" Fuel Kranks

Pioneer App Radio 3

Alpine 500x5

Memphis PRX 1.1000

Memphis Mojo5 12"

Red Oracle Halos

yeah i know but the only reason she likes them is because the way they look i know that dumb lol
if she like the full dome dust cap, psi sells them and I think you can get them in colors. That's what I did for mine

if she like the full dome dust cap, psi sells them and I think you can get them in colors. That's what I did for mine

I dont know psi will recone anything smaller than a 3" coil, corey dean (splaudio) can though. You could have him build the recone and get a psi cone cover or see if he can do the full cone cover in the same color as the AP

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived