Second Skin Audio

Question for box builders

Hey fellow bass heads.. I am going to start my next project soon, and I need some input. The system will be going in a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am wanting to do a 4th order wall, and I am curious if 6 SA 15s would fit? I have talked to one box builder, and he said 6 wouldn't fit. I am in no way discrediting what he said, But I just want to get some other box builders input on if they think 6 would fit.

Thanks in advance

Guess what.... no one here can help you if you don't supply maximum dimensions to work with. We don't go by "it looks like it will fit."

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Guess what.... no one here can help you if you don't supply maximum dimensions to work with. We don't go by "it looks like it will fit."

No need to be an ass. I thought maybe they would know the dimensions since its a pretty popular vehicle for systems.

I have 3' 6" wide 3 feet tall and 4 feet deep. That leaves about 1 inch behind the b pillar and enough space for amps and batteries in the rear.

As for my goals. I'm not really someone who competes, so something that plays low and clean is fine with me.

Also, yea I love Galen's jeep. When I mentioned it to the box builder, he mentioned how different subs need different space. and that the SA's will require more than xls.

Based on your dimensions you have around 37 cubes gross. That's too low if you looking at building a forth order box. Personally I would advise you doing a ported box instead cause you will need 24 cubes net so you have alot of room for displacements and stuff.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

You will likely wind up with a bit less space than you think after you start layering up wood and bracing and an adequate port. If you plan to build right up to the B-pillar I hope you're short, I'm 6'0" and I need my seat back a good bit behind the rear door's window line to be really comfortable driving.

Also 6 15's would be very tight unless you angled them. My baffle has 4 15's and IMO bare minimum port area out of the space left over.

I might ask, why do you feel you need 4th order? What sort of bandwidth to you expect to be able to play? What are your goals?

IMO considering after all is said and done the woofers will likely be only 15-20% of the total cost, have you considered stepping up to a higher line of sub and possibly going fewer of them if you're running into budget cap?

I'd aim for say 4 15"s in a 4th if you want a wide range and still be loud.

If you want number. Normal flat wall.

TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions

The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L

Drew Jones
Bassahaulic Productions

4 SSA ZCON 15"s
2 Sundown SCV-6000's
6 AGM G31's

161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw
159.8 @ 36Hz Legal

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

You will likely wind up with a bit less space than you think after you start layering up wood and bracing and an adequate port. If you plan to build right up to the B-pillar I hope you're short, I'm 6'0" and I need my seat back a good bit behind the rear door's window line to be really comfortable driving.

Also 6 15's would be very tight unless you angled them. My baffle has 4 15's and IMO bare minimum port area out of the space left over.

I might ask, why do you feel you need 4th order? What sort of bandwidth to you expect to be able to play? What are your goals?

IMO considering after all is said and done the woofers will likely be only 15-20% of the total cost, have you considered stepping up to a higher line of sub and possibly going fewer of them if you're running into budget cap?

I could consider stepping up to a beefier sub, but that means more power. and more power means more $ lol. It is still very early in this build planning and a lot could change. I was just curious if 6 in a 4th could fit. also, I know that I should allow for the wood and such.. Those were just my maximum dimensions.

Archived