Sundown Audio

2 AA Havoc 12s thinking Flatline?

DevinG

Assuming you're wired to 1ohm to receive 5k, yes, on music would be roughly 250A at the lowest nominal impedance. But you'll be wired to 2ohm. Save up for the SCV-6000D if you want to stick with a sundown amp. 3000w @ 2ohm from a brand that does rated+ on proper electrical, and subs that can take a licking and keep on ticking. You'll probably never come close to a 250A draw on music.

Assuming you're wired to 1ohm to receive 5k, yes, on music would be roughly 250A at the lowest nominal impedance. But you'll be wired to 2ohm. Save up for the SCV-6000D if you want to stick with a sundown amp. 3000w @ 2ohm from a brand that does rated+ on proper electrical, and subs that can take a licking and keep on ticking. You'll probably never come close to a 250A draw on music.

the 5k wired to 2 ohm will be efficient and wont drain your electrical..

Sounds like a plan then, This is why i ask people with experience instead of just dropping cash on something that wont do what i need it to. Thanks for the help guys :good:

i have a dc 5k that i will use on 2 of my havocs wired at 2 ohm.. once i get a 7k amp im throwing in the other 2 subs but wiring higher also gives you better sound and thats what im going for

once i wire it i will let you know how my electrical holds up at 2 ohms.. i have a mechman elite 370a so it should be no problem at idle

I will be wiring my 2 havocs to 2 ohm on a dd m4a. Only reason I'm doing that is because it's the only amp I have. I wouldn't recommend doing it. I doubt the havocs will last very long. Listen to Miguels

I have to say I wasn't expecting to see Chalino in here after I read through your build log, But thanks for the heads up, I was just looking at the different offerings in the 5k realm from various companies.

i have a dc 5k that i will use on 2 of my havocs wired at 2 ohm.. once i get a 7k amp im throwing in the other 2 subs but wiring higher also gives you better sound and thats what im going for

once i wire it i will let you know how my electrical holds up at 2 ohms.. i have a mechman elite 370a so it should be no problem at idle

Sounds good to me, I'm looking forward to hearing how that goes.

a good 5k amp goes for $900.. get a hold of Jacob.. he has a few saz4500 for $750 and saz5000 for $850 shipped

Can't argue with that, hope the 5k is still around by the time i start ordering all of the components. however if its gone is ampere audio still good for their customer service? im a 30 minute drive from their HQ so I was leaning their way.

Archived