CA: Infraction for Front Window Tint (Need advice)air

What's up SMDers.

Idk if Yall remember, but I made a dumb thread asking about front window tint a while ago and well, I got them. But... This morning , I got pulled over / cited for them by a CHP officer. Now according to my prior knowledge, it should have been a fix it ticket (correctable?) but mine is not.

Is this suppose to be correct? If it's not correctable, doesn't that mean it should "not" or "can't" be fixed?

What I was planning on doing if I evwe got ticketed for front window tint would be (1) get them removed, (2) get an officer to sign off proof of removal on ticket and pay $25 fee then (3) mail off signed citation to the court of the signing officer.

I asked the officer if I needed to go to court but he said no. There is a court date where I need to attend it says, but he said I don't so I'm not 100% positive what is going on. He also said I'll receive something in the mail giving me options of how I would like to handle the situation.

My question is, for you Californians, what did you do handle this situation ? Can I just do the 3 steps listed above or did they change the laws regarding tint as of recently.

Here is the code they listed: code 26708.5CACVC - Window tinted [Non correctable].

Overall questions:

(1) is this suppose to be correctable?

(2) if it is suppose to be correctable, how should I approach this sityation.

and finally (3) if it is suppose to be non correctable, can I do the 3 steps i listed above or no and just wait for my court date.

For question 3, I've been reading that the .5 means it's correctable but I'm not positive. Also read that even if it is NOT correctable, you can still do the 3 steps and the court will dismiss the fee. Just look for any and all help to try and not pay a $150-200+ ticket but if it can't be prevented... Well...

Thank you

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Has anyone gone through this procedure? If not, I guess I just have to wait . Thanka

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

What were you doing to get pulled over?

Never once have I been pulled for tint or got the ticket even when pulled over for other shit, you must have got a real asshole of a cop.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I got pulled over for tint once. It was only because I was going 20 and the cop was trying to get on my road and I had my front windows up. All he did was give me a warning though.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

im not sure about california law...

you could always go to a doctor and get a prescription that would allow you to have tinted windows.

mine has saved me from 4 tint tickets. down side is when you get a cop with an attitude that will tag on some other bullshit charge because they couldn't get you for tint-

Not sure how that works for you. I asked my doctor about that he said, "That's fucking ridiculous. So do you think by me giving you a piece of paper makes you above the law? Go buy a pair of sunglasses"

Which makes sense to me. If it works for you, then cool. Until a smart cop decides to challenge that prescription and give you a ticket

edit: and yes the doctor said fucking. He's a pretty cool guy

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

im not sure about california law...

you could always go to a doctor and get a prescription that would allow you to have tinted windows.

In cali what they will do is give you a medical marijuana card.

CA is tough on their tint tickets, or even other vehicle mods that are illegal in their eyes. Usually they wont give you a ticket or pull you over for it unless you where doing something stupid that caught their eye.

Archived