Sundown Audio

:help: Hello all,just wondering if someone can give me advice on this sa 12 "ultra" that i just bid on ebay,just wondering if someone can take a peek and let me know if this sub is really an "ultra" or maybe just a regular 1,any help would be appreciated ty:),I would post u pics but im still in auction as of right now,but its the only 1 on ebay right now that i can see being auctioned.

Its ok smd members,I allready won and had my sub delivered the same day I won and paid for it! wooooooohoooo! -Fastest auction,and delivery I could ask for, anyways I am happy the sub has never even been mounted,installed, and is in excellent new condition,reason I had it delivered so fast was because the seller lives in las vegas like I do and shipped the same morning right after I paid for it-10:45 am paid,6:45 pm ups delivered at door lol,What better service is that?-Well heres some pics if anyone wants to help me identify which sub I really have,either way im happy,I just basically wanted to know cause I know after I hear this sub,I'M probably gonna want another 1,bhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Sundown-Audio-SA-12-Ultra-D2-/141748926684?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=RNyE3XKPtzut dont know if it will be safe to just throw a regular sa12 d2 in the same box if this is an ultra,any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated ty! :puzzled:

Im sure someone would of replied, however in your first post you never posted a link, or even a picture, so there is no real way to tell us what you are looking at.

Yes thats an ultra.

The ultras have a taller surround, yellow spiders, and the spiders are bolted down.

The difference between a regular SA series and a Ultra are drastically apart, and would not run both of them together at the same time in the same box.

The ultra have 33% more linear x-max, 20% higher motor force, a 25% higher thermal rating, around 1/2 the at-rest inductance, a thicker magnet ID shorting ring.

Im sure someone would of replied, however in your first post you never posted a link, or even a picture, so there is no real way to tell us what you are looking at.

Yes thats an ultra.

The ultras have a taller surround, yellow spiders, and the spiders are bolted down.

The difference between a regular SA series and a Ultra are drastically apart, and would not run both of them together at the same time in the same box.

The ultra have 33% more linear x-max, 20% higher motor force, a 25% higher thermal rating, around 1/2 the at-rest inductance, a thicker magnet ID shorting ring.

Ty audiofanaticz ! I really appreciate your help man! I'm a newbie here but not really a newbie to car audio,I'm in my late 40's and have been into car audio since I was a teen,Unfortunately products in the early 90's were not the same as technology grew so getting back into car audio for me has been a new learning curve for me as well, Like i said I needed to know cause I already know after break in I'm gonna want another 1,I just talked to my seller and the good news is he's gonna get me another 1, luckily he got these from his buddy in California who bought 6 of these for his Tahoe build ,but only ended up using 4:), thanks again for your help brother KEEP BOOMING!!! Nice pistol by the way!!! LOL Oh yeah reason I couldn't post a pic at that time was because I was still bidding on it at the time and diddn't want ev1 to see my bidding page ,LOL

Id probably say someone around 1.75-2.25 ish cubed per 12 inch woofer (after port/woofer/bracing displacements).

They subs were never released and I dont think they ever really came up with box suggestions for them.

If you could get a hold of the thiele small parameters of the woofer it would be a little easier figuring out a decent sized box.

Essentially they are a SA sub, with more beef in every aspect, so going a little larger then recommended for the SA line would probably do just fine. Maybe even 2.5 cubed per woofer depending on how much power the woofer is going to get.

Cool Thanks man,I'm pretty sure I can get the specs from Bryan at sundown,I sent an email to sundown few days ago wanting some info on my ultra, but thanks to some crazy dude with a black hat waving his Pistola in the air , Gave me all the info I needed to know that next day ... LOL, Thanks again for that man!, I went to your site this morning before work audiofanaticz, I was very impressed with your work on your sub-boxes,woofer recones etc, ,and your knowledge and tips you pointed out were very helpful!,Do you guys do jobs for people out of state as well? If you do let me know,So I can shoot you an email or preferably a phone call for some quotes seeing that I'm old school and can't really type for s***t LOL