FI BTL On Bc3500 Help!

just finished my install over the weekend, I have a fi btl 18 triple stack fully loaded sub in a large custom enclosure ~8 cubes and previous owner said box was tuned @32 hz. I have all Knu 0 gauge OFC, kenetic 2000 in the front and Kenetic 3800 in the rear with a OEM 150 amp stock alt. stock head unit car so running a LOC, the sub does NOT hit anywhere close to my re audio XXX 15s on a POS Hifonics 2400rms amp. and this nendo amp is 3875 @ 1 ohm clean power! even on decaf music it feels like my old type r 12s are in the trunk on 800rms

ive checked the LOC connections are all tight, did the RCA test and to be honest im stumped here... maybe this is all the btl has but from what ive seen on here it led me to believe that this sub would slam on this power...

any ideas guys?

thanks!

also voltage does not drop below 13v before anyone flames me for stock alt :fool:

Did you measure the voice coils to make sure they're reading the impedance they're supposed to? And to make sure you're wired at the ohm load you want to be?

What did you use to set the gains on the amp? and I'm no BTL expert, but 8 cubes seems a little too much to me. Is it 8 cubes net or 8 cubes gross?

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Did you measure the voice coils to make sure they're reading the impedance they're supposed to? And to make sure you're wired at the ohm load you want to be?

ohmed out the coils to 1.7-1.8 I read somewhere that this was normal for Fi Dual 2 subs, I wired the sub in parallel so it should be @ 1 ohm, this is my first 18" but it really just seems weak for that much cone area on ~3875 rms

What did you use to set the gains on the amp? and I'm no BTL expert, but 8 cubes seems a little too much to me. Is it 8 cubes net or 8 cubes gross?

I know I should be using a distortion detector and i will be buying one asap but I tuned the amp by ear with test tones... really just wanted to hear it, ive been staring at this sub in my room for way too long

Could be the box. Use a tone generator app on your phone, play it at a moderately low level and watch the excursion. The frequency the excursion is lowest at is what the enclosure is tuned to. In accordance with tips from triticum ;)

Could be the box. Use a tone generator app on your phone, play it at a moderately low level and watch the excursion. The frequency the excursion is lowest at is what the enclosure is tuned to. In accordance with tips from triticum ;)

I mean at higher frequencies it hits decent but still nowhere close to my XXXs on half the power, could the box really make that much of a difference?

Post pics of sub/box setup in the car.

Also you should get your gain set right and make sure the sub is wired correctly with no loose connections etc.

and if you arent dropping past 13v on only a stock alt, i can guarantee you are not seeing full power. staying over 13 would mean you have not even dipped into your battery reserve, and with only a 150 amp alt, theres no way you could power your cars electrical needs, and a 3.5k amp. honestly with a stock alt it should be easy to drop into the 12s or even 11s. depending on your reserve bank.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived