center console in a wall box(help)

splx1

This is going to be a little long winded, but bear with me.

If you look up the world record for the loudest scream, it's 129 decibels. So the loudest person in the world is 129 decibels. The 2nd loudest was 116 decibels. Yet arrowhead stadium holds the record for loudest crowd cheer at 137.5 decibels. How?

Sound waves make an S shape or a W shape. When sound waves overlap perfectly, they greatly increase in intensity. However if two sound waves are OUT of sync, they cancel each other out, LOWERING the intensity.

A sound waves comes out from the port, and a sound wave comes out from the woofer itself. If you can get those sound waves to match up, you can get a HUGE gain in output.

Now sound waves travel in ALL directions like a ripple in a pond. Imagine if you could get alllll those ripples to meet up at the same exact spot at the same time. If you could get the waves traveling sideways to bounce and meet the waves traveling forward. You could gain 3,6,9, or even twelve decibels without increasing wattage.

That's how people are able to hit 180 decibels with ONE 18" subwoofer. By getting all the sound waves to converge at one spot at the same time. But it'll only work with one frequency. Any other frequency wouldn't meet up at the same time since they're shorter or longer in length.

A decibel (dB) meter measures sound pressure levels (SPL). When you hear about people wanting to maximize their dB, they're basically talking about maximizing how much force the sound waves push against an object.

Once you get above 180 decibels, the force is actually close to a grenade exploding! It would kill you very quickly, even with hearing protection! That's why if a vehicle is capable of over 140 decibels, you're required to be able to use the radio from outside the car. Over 140 dB causes INSTANT hearing damage. Now it won't blow your ear drums immediately, but you will lose the ability to hear higher frequencies much faster as you get older.

Anyways now I'm rambling. You get the point.

Acts as another port/loading wall. It's there to help direct pressure to tje eters location.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

first of all i just want to thank you about your helps,now i exactly know why they use console,they want to direct the waves to the db meter.

in this case i have some questions:

if we use more subs like 2or 3 or 4 or more...what will happen?with one subwoofer its easy to direct cuz the sub is below if the console like the picture of solo x,but in the other ones they use 2subs,doesnt it make wave cancelation? can we make console taller?

i think craige butler or scott owen,for this cancelations use 4 order bandpass boxes,the rear chamber is sealed and the waves of back of the woofers didnt gather with the waves of cones of woofers and they got this records just with the front waves,didnt they?1440957705.jpg

but we still have the wave cancelation or not?why the records with one subwoofer vs many woofers have diffrence about 1.9 db....

• 1 month later...

My 2 db's on this.

Back in the day, a centre council was used to take volume up , help with velocity and also to guide the waves. Stick mics like velocity .

But now with the switch to pressure sensors, with a bandpass, it's used for tuning the pass side, and also to keep the pressure over were the sensor is.

There is 3 main box's in an extreme vehicle, and 2 main ports, not including the sub boxes . Think about it for a second, how do you tune a regular box? Port area, port depth and box volume. It's the same in extreme, just more of and more complex.

Mike and Mark

[email protected]

18741a0.jpg

Archived