active crossover help deh80prs

Switched my deh80prs to network mode and now have everything active.

Here is equipment I'm running

2 sets of Crescendo rts-1 in a pillars 1500-25000k playable range

Set @ 5k 12dB slope

Arc audio ks6006 high 60-3000k

Set lpf 2k 12dB slope

Set hpf 80Hz 12db slope

American bass XFLS 1222s

Set lpf 80 Hz 30db slope

Want to make sure these our good or if u have better suggestions I am all ears thanks

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

That's a large gap in between your mids and highs. At least in my opinions. Is there a reason you set it so?

I personally set my filters to meet each other. I believe I have my highs at 3.5 with the 24dB slope, mid lpf at 3.5 with a 12dB slope, and mid hpf and sub lpf set at 80 as steep as it will go. But that's me. It sounds good in my ears.

Best advice is to play with it, find what you like, and try not to exceed the speakers frequency responses.

As said above you have a big gap in between your mids and highs, I would at least bring your tweets down to 3k or lower. Play with the system with just the tweets so you can hear signs of stress, either bump up the crossover or the slope or both. Usually how I set my speakers up is to play mids by themselves and find their limits then tune or adjust, then go on to tweeters by themselves and find their limits then tune. Some people like to underlap their crossover between mids and tweeters, others like to overlap their crossovers between their mids and tweeters and then some people like to have their crossovers the same for their mids and tweeters. Just depends on personal taste or what sound you prefer.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

How do u know ur stressing the speakers. Sorry New to this active crossover stuff. I lowered my tweeters to 2.5 and my miss to 2.5 sounds Better set them both with steep slopes. Broke audio addict how do you find fs of tweeter?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

How do u know ur stressing the speakers. Sorry New to this active crossover stuff. I lowered my tweeters to 2.5 and my miss to 2.5 sounds Better set them both with steep slopes. Broke audio addict how do you find fs of tweeter?

keep the slope STEEP with the nendo tweets at 2.5

I blew one running at 2.5k and up, sloped at 12db.

Just be a heads up. And my PA mids dont like to be high passed (or I DONT like them high passed) over around 2.5, 3k. I run mine at 3k, and cut SHARP. They sound better to me.

So your missing a few K at the 2k-4k band. Fuck, that can be OK. Im doing the same, ... and its "OK". Perfect, no... but, hell 3-4k band can be annoying as fuck anyway.

Play with it, and see what sounds best to you, and your set up. No one hear can tell you what your gear, in your install will sound best passed at bro. The spec of the mid or tweet dont mean much either. They didnt test it, and build the spec up , using YOUR power, and door panels, and vehicle, listening to the music your playing.

Just fuck with it, but be safe on uber low ends, and such.

What's the fs of the tweeter?

This was the right question. For those that don't know, general rule of thumb for minimum tweeter high pass crossover frequency on rated power is double the Fs.

Better be careful with them at 2.5kHz. Wouldn't go over rated power. Also, why is your mid HPF at 12dB/octave, but your sub LPF at 30dB/octave?

Ask crescendo(if they even know).

see you next year

Bro, didn't you have issues with these tweeters?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I cross my tweets at 1500hz, their Fs is 680hz. But after heavy listening levels I bumped it up to 2,000Hz just to be safe.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Archived