yeah, not so much from the interior, but from the exterior it sounds absurd. All those little hoodlums around here fucking love it cause their shit sounds so loud "its like rattling the trunk off way". its crazy how that's how they judge a system..... na bro mines louder than yours listen to how much my trunk rattles. lolol

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Nice Ride Homie

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

yeah, not so much from the interior, but from the exterior it sounds absurd. All those little hoodlums around here fucking love it cause their shit sounds so loud "its like rattling the trunk off way". its crazy how that's how they judge a system..... na bro mines louder than yours listen to how much my trunk rattles. lolol

Along the same lines as people going nuts for body/door flex. I don't get it. That's all wasted energy. Plus it's annoying as hell.

Nice Ride Homie

Thank ya sir.

Since you're here, mind giving some tips for my tweeters? I would like to use the sail panels, and I was thinking aiming at opposite headrests. Any reason I should absolutely not use the sails, or have a better aiming pattern?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

following, you always do clean work, and that unmolested Impala........

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Aj11 suggested aiming the tweets towards the windshield, mounted on the A pillar in the Camaro. Man, the front stage is nice. May want to tape the tweets to the pillar and see for yourself!

-Frank

I gotta say, I have not heard a front stage with tweeters aimed at each other or across the dash I like. Sounds nice at low volumes, but gets harsh wide open. To my ears. Maybe the deeper windshield helps out in the Camaro though.

following, you always do clean work, and that unmolested Impala........

I know, I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible. Not hacking up the door panels this time, things are going to be clean.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

Just ordered a bunch of small random stuff from Parts Express, and also got Noico treatment materials from Amazon. Got 54sq.ft. of their 80mil deadener, and 75sq.ft. of their CCF. Heard from a couple places it's good stuff, so I'm going to try it out.

I was curious about that noico stuff but the part where it says butyl and different fillers has me worried.

Let me know what you think of it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I was curious about that noico stuff but the part where it says butyl and different fillers has me worried.

Let me know what you think of it.

Yeah I caught that too. But really, who knows if some weird mix of shit isn't better? And a guy that's local says he's had it in his car for 3 months down here. Says it's held up to the heat and isn't sagging at all. Also said the adhesive was super sticky.

They're going to be testing this stuff in the CLD test thread on DIYMA very shortly (they just received the order). I'll see how it does and if I made a good decision lol.

Archived