Integration Products - 08 Yukon Denali

I am looking to put a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX in my 08 Denali. As a first stab at determining how to integrate and retain some of the factory features I used the Crutchfield website and a chat with one of their reps to get part numbers. Then I went to price them out via amazon and have some found poor reviews of these products (although there aren't many reviews, they're all bad).

I was told by Crutchfield that the idatalink maestro module is not compatible with the 08 Denali with bose (the lux audio system) with nav. So I was pointed to a Metra Axxess AX-ADBOX1 module and the accompanying harness AX-ADGM01. These are the products that have few, but highly questionable reviews.

While I realize it'd be rare for someone to have the exact application, I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with these or similar Metra/Axxess products, or if there's anyone who swears by the idatalink thing. I find it strange that it isn't compatible with my application, I tend to believe the crutchfield people as they likely have some database on hand that tells them these things, but the maestro/datalink website has been down for multiple weeks now and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for as far as application information.

2008 Denali

Singer 270

2 XS D3400s under hood

Sundown SCV-6000D

SHCA 1/0

Q Logic Kickpanels - lame 5.25 components for now

Planning/acquiring everything else

Eff those Metra products. Plain and simple.

Use the PAC RP5-GM32. It'll keep your steering wheel controls, rear seat entertainment (may need GMRVD2 depending), factory backup cam, OnStar and backup sensors if equipped.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-RP5-GM32-Replacement-Programmed-Navigation/dp/B00A7EMTUI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441114715&sr=8-1&keywords=rp5-gm32&pebp=1441114725163&perid=1GK1XMZSP1WJ549Z9H36

As for the Maestro product, ehh. I don't think it'll work either. Shows it's compatible with base model 08 Yukons. It says it does sat radio retention and whatnot, which is not possible on Denalis with navi as the entire tuner is actually built into the factory head. So I'm guessing it won't work.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Thanks for the reply, thats good info... it seemed in my research keeping satellite was questionable, but I wasn't sure why. I don't use it so no big deal to me really. I will look into the PAC product.

2008 Denali

Singer 270

2 XS D3400s under hood

Sundown SCV-6000D

SHCA 1/0

Q Logic Kickpanels - lame 5.25 components for now

Planning/acquiring everything else

Keeping factory sat radio usually sucks anyway. Most integration modules put the sat info in your gauge info display. It's generally a pain in the ass to navigate through the channels and switch to your normal trip/fuel data etc. Much much rather just buy the Sirius V300 and have everything onscreen your new head unit.

Though you might look into the iDatalink Sat1. It will allow you to use your factory sat antenna with an aftermarket tuner. It's just a real simple adapter plug, but it's cheap and it works cleanly.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived