Malibu / Impala door lock actuator fix

Anything at the dealer is going to be stupid pricey. Full retail overpriced parts and $100+/hr labor that they don't skimp on. $100 factory actuator plus an hour and a half booked labor equal $250. Even if it doesn't take an hour and a half, if that's what the book says, that's what you're getting charged.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

a tech that knows what they are doing would spend 20 min on that door with an oem actuator!

And that's how techs make money. They get paid the book rate regardless of how long it takes them. And honestly, that's how it should be. That system rewards solid techs who work quickly and punishes those who jerk around and take 4hrs on a 2hr job. Also keep in mind that re-checks are generally not paid unless it's found to be product failure. So don't think rushing and doing a shitty job pays either. Lastly, let me speak from experience and tell you the book rates are pretty slim. They don't just hand out labor hours. You'll get jobs that pay less time than superman could do it far more often than vice versa.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

• 9 months later...

that's the same method i use when customer's door actuator go out and get an expensive quote from the dealer. i charge $59 starting(depending on the vehicle and dificulty) per door to make the door locks work again. better than spending $150+ if you ask me.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Replace those all the time it's easy money don't even diagnose them anymore just put in new ones.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived