Second Skin Audio

Box for 3 12's, Aeroport

piccolo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 inch aero will work fine

I strongly disagree. A single 8" port is only 50 sq in of port area, that isn't very much for three 12" subs. Even if the OP only get 2500 watts combined out of those two amps his port velocity is still going to be way over 30 m/sec. Hope he likes port noise and compression.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I strongly disagree. A single 8" port is only 50 sq in of port area, that isn't very much for three 12" subs. Even if the OP only get 2500 watts combined out of those two amps his port velocity is still going to be way over 30 m/sec. Hope he likes port noise and compression.

your entitled to your opinion :)

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

your entitled to your opinion :)
Lol he's speaking of experience, extreme experience. As well, most subs want around half or more of Port area of what you have total. He has 3, so yeah lol
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

First, I am using 2, 2000 watt amps strapped together, with a 1.3 or so ohm load so hopefully I will be pushing upwards of 3500 watts or so. Second, thank you for all your insight I am going to build a slot ported box tomorrow when I get up. (will post pics) Then hopefully sooner than later I will build an spl box just for shits and gigs. Do you think a 10" aero port would be good for my spl box? I'm open to any ideas, I like crazy ideas.

First, I am using 2, 2000 watt amps strapped together, with a 1.3 or so ohm load so hopefully I will be pushing upwards of 3500 watts or so. Second, thank you for all your insight I am going to build a slot ported box tomorrow when I get up. (will post pics) Then hopefully sooner than later I will build an spl box just for shits and gigs. Do you think a 10" aero port would be good for my spl box? I'm open to any ideas, I like crazy ideas.

Yes, I think a 10" port will be sufficient.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Reality strikes hard sometimes. I hope this will be my last question about ports. I do not have enough room to put a 10" aero in my box. The port will be facing up with the subs (no room for it anywhere else) and a 8" long sweep elbow is like $150. So I am thinking of doing two 6" ports, I am not going to compete or anything but I do want it to be loud as possible. Sorry I am new to actually building boxes and there is a lot of contradicting stuff out there.

do not put an 10" aero in a 5cu box..the amount of subs is irrelevent...an 8" will be perfectly fine, at "10sq per cube" vs "15sq per cube"...its an aero so u dont need as much port area as a slot

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

Archived