Sound deadner

jessdabest77

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to recommend Second Skin, great product and at a great price.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Second Skin is as good as it gets. It takes less to accomplish what you need. It's 100% american made butyl rubber. They almost always have B stock packs for really good prices.

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/b-stock/

The B stock 40 pound boxes are what I recommend

I would have saved so much money if I just went with SS to begin with.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

All depends on the goal you have with your system if you would need 100% coverage or not.

Me personally ... it's 100% or nothing.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

There's lots of great brands out there. Second Skin is certainly one of the best.

I actually looked hard at Stinger Roadkill for awhile. 36sqft for $95 shipped on Amazon. All butyl based. 6mil aluminum backing.

As for coverage, it's about bang for the buck. It's diminishing returns after a certain percentage. You may get 90% of the benefits with only 50% actual coverage (just ballparking numbers to prove a point). As for what the percentage of coverage you'd need in your particular vehicle to gain 90+% of the benefits, nobody would be able to answer that for you. Every vehicle and every interior is different. Just realize that you don't need 100% coverage it get a large percentage of the benefits.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

There's lots of great brands out there. Second Skin is certainly one of the best.

I actually looked hard at Stinger Roadkill for awhile. 36sqft for $95 shipped on Amazon. All butyl based. 6mil aluminum backing.

As for coverage, it's about bang for the buck. It's diminishing returns after a certain percentage. You may get 90% of the benefits with only 50% actual coverage (just ballparking numbers to prove a point). As for what the percentage of coverage you'd need in your particular vehicle to gain 90+% of the benefits, nobody would be able to answer that for you. Every vehicle and every interior is different. Just realize that you don't need 100% coverage it get a large percentage of the benefits.

I'd like to add this and say that people use the products for the wrong purpose as well and to properly quiet down a vehicle multiple different products such as mlv and ccf need to be used in conjunction with sound deadener.

Sound deadener is meant to change the resonance of the panel and does so by adding mass and controlling flex slightly but as stated above there is a point where adding more will do absolutely nothing but waste money.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Interesting. The vehicle is an 02 2 dr. blazer. I did the hatch already cus I know that's where the most impact will be,and thinking of the roof,both door's,and the floor. What do you guy's think would also be good to do? And I have been thinking of ordering the B stock Second Skin just really don't know how much to get and where it would really need it. The plan is two 15"s,sub's up,port back. And thank you for the help.

Archived