Sundown Audio

Hello everyone from germany!

I hope that i'm just posting in the right forum. Actually i'm running 3x P3D2-12 on an SPL ICE3500-D with a stinger spv44 battery. It sounds great but i want to have more. Since a while i just took an eye on sundown and since a while there's a german dealer. :yahoo:
So my questions are:

Do you think 2 x x12 would hit harder then the 3x p3? Does this setup work fine?

I hope some of you bassheads have the right answer for me.

Big thanks and regards from germany,

jacob

Follow me on Instagram: jacobrealtone

DCXsTh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they are dvc woofers. They probably offer different impedances so I would check before purchasing to make sure you can wire to the load you are looking for.

Edited by mcfalcon

Still learning but have started gathering.

Yep. At least i'm still looking straight ahead to a 0,5 Ohm impedancy but then i have to buy 2 subwoofers with dvc. But to two x15 would be very difficult because there isn't that much space. Do anyone of you have drawings with cm or mm information for sundown enclousres? It would be very difficult to get the right enclosure for my car. I'm not sure that any of you knows a opel astra j, because i think in america it's called vauxhall. I got a pic from the old setup but the enclosure for the 3 p3 is still the same. Maybe one of you has got an idea for an enclousre with a 15 inch or two 15 inch subs.

JOAkPn.png

Thanks and Regards,

Jacob

Follow me on Instagram: jacobrealtone

DCXsTh.gif

Well from the looks of it you should have plenty room for 2 15s. But looks can be decieving. If you can take some measurements of your max dimensions and post them for us please.

Still learning but have started gathering.

It should be hard to fit 2 15s subs in an Astra trunk. You'll need to take the rear seats out and drive a 2 seater !

One 15" ported will fit.

We have Astra in my country. The trunk is just regular.

I don't think the Xs would be louder than your system, but who knows ?

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I like single sub setups. I would look more toward subs like the Zv4, or nightshade in 15", to be loud and clean.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.