Sundown Audio

Inline fuse keeps blowing

Stryde222

Will do,I also called the shop,the guy thinks a coil went in one of the subs and It's backfiring the fuse,hope it's the ground

That's a new one to me.... I think I have an idea of what he means, but That's not what it is or the wording that should be used. Depending on the sub wiring, if you lost a coil your impedance could have dropped, drawing more current to the amp, causing the dimming and fuse blowing. Either way, I would get someone who has an oscope or DD-1 to set your gains, not the shop.

I wouldnt take it back to the shop that installed it. They are the ones who messed it up in the first place. You can check your coils with a dmm to make sure they arent blown. Regardless if it was a coil the amp should have went into protect mode. Since they used a 60 amp fuse im sure the wiring came in a kit they had on hand and would burn your car to the ground before popping a 150 amp fuse. Replace all the wiring with either 0 gauge cca or 4 gauge ofc. Both will take a 150 amp load if they come from a good manufacturer. I also recommend upgrading your front battery to an agm and doing the big 3. Also an agm in the rear will help. Youll still have dimming lights tho as im sure your stock alt is not capable of supplying the cars electrical on top of a 150 amp draw from the amp. Also make sure your speaker wire to your subs is good. Some good 10 gauge will b great for the power you got.

Your fuse is too small for that application. That amp can draw 150 amps. Your wire is possible good for 120 amps.

A shorted coil would throw the amp into protect mode.

This shop sounds like their least experienced installer did the work.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I wouldn't assume the wire can handle alot of power. I work at a store and we sell 4g kits that come with 60 amp fuses. They fuse them for what they can handle. I also sell cca 4g kits with 100 amp fuses. All "4g" wire but depending on diameter and strand count it can handle different levels of amperage. Id get a new power. Like suggested earlier by someone else, either 4g ofc or 0g cca. knukonceptz sells 4g for a good price.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Archived