Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for sundown zv.4 15 in Opel Astra J Trunk

Jacob Pistor

Hello everyone,

i'm going to build a new enclosure for a zv.4 or 2 x zv.4's. The problem is, that my astra's trunk doesnt offer that much space. So for 2xzv.4 i have to build an closed enclosure. My measurements are these:

98cm width

42cm hight

50cm length

Would you guys better go with a single zv.4 or with 2 in a ported box?

To get a better touch for the trunk size i have already postet some pictures in this thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201059-2x-sundown-x12-on-an-spl-ice3500-d/

Thanks and big regards,

Jacob

Follow me on Instagram: jacobrealtone

DCXsTh.gif

one

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Two 12s :)

WTF? Oh my f**king god. Only 2 12's! :D

But my amp didn't offer 8,5 kw at least :D it only own 3,2@0,5 Ohm so is should go with a single 15" Inch with 1 Ohm DVC I think. Does that zv4 15 can handle that power?

Regards,

Jacob

DCXsTh.gif

Can someone show me a building instruction or better a drawing in cm for an enclosure that would fit in my trunk? I know I ask for many, but i'm finally not that kind of pro in building enclosures and I'm also not familiar with the inches. So cm's would be very nice.

Thanks and regards,

Jacob

DCXsTh.gif

WTF? Oh my f**king god. Only 2 12's! :D

But my amp didn't offer 8,5 kw at least :D it only own 3,2@0,5 Ohm so is should go with a single 15" Inch with 1 Ohm DVC I think. Does that zv4 15 can handle that power?

Regards,

Jacob

He started out with a sundown 3k and it was nasty on 3k and then jumped up to ct 7k and then twisted sounds 8.5k... But like I said on 3k it was still a nasty trunk setup

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Archived