I recorded this episode on the Fusion channel the other night I am watching it as we speak. It is a hell of a documentary detailing the difficulties that the african american community and police face and the bias between the communities towards one another and each other. Now I in no way support blaming a group of people for the actions of one or a few in a group.

I advise checking this documentary out if you get a chance it's pretty interesting.

**I put this here on purpose in hopes to keep it a civilized topic and because it deals with politics but in a different fashion**

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Personally I think police and others that deal with the community on a face to face basis should be from the community.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Personally I think police and others that deal with the community on a face to face basis should be from the community.

LT, I do not have this channel. Luckily I am watching it in segments on Fusion.net/videos! It's pretty good. Yes finally, science shows we are inherently bias- "Implicit Bias". All this jibber, jabber, about racial divide and inequality. Yes, it exists. It can be talked about, dealt with, but can not be eliminated in our society.

I speak from experience when I tell people "Yeah, I'm Italian or Sicilian". I get less grief than saying "Yeah, I'm Spanish". It's a fact of life. I can pass for both. So I use the easier one when dealing with possible biases. It works.

As far as "the from the community" thing.....going to have to disagree with that one BAA. Cops are put in areas, other than their own, to keep things level. Look at how they pick jurors. "Jury of my peers". In reality, the "peers" are from different sectors of the bigger community, usually other than the same neighborhood the suspect came from to avoid "a bias". I was pulled for jury duty, yrs ago. It was a child abuse/rape trial. When I answered the question "Do you have formal training in child abuse?" "Yes, we take a class, along with domestic violence to renew our license". I was dismissed. I was told it's because I "knew about abuse, how to look for signs, etc" it would pose a bias against the prosecution when it came down to deliberation of the facts presented. Anyway, coming from the same community doesn't fix the bias. The bias may shift downward in one direction, racial divide, but than shift upwards calling the community cop a sell out.

My ex-wife's nephew is a born and raised cop in Southwest, NY. He let's so much stuff go since "everyone knows everyone" sort of thing. If he were to be put in a different neighborhood he'd have to enforce all the laws which is what I personally believe should be the constant. Is my ex's nephew really helping his community by letting ish go all the time? Sorry, just my point of view.

I'm listening to it now as I write this.

Thanks for sharing LT.

-Frank

-Frank

I don't know with any certainty but I believe they try to place officers outside of the area they live and/or grew up to "TRY" and keep biases reduced but we all know people are going to be biased as they see fit. Whether it's an officer or a regular citizen etc

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

You don't want that broke.. It will leave more dead cops if hey would patrol the Area they live, at least here they would . Cops are hated and if they know the neighbor is a cop his dead. there are times when cops are stalked then killed when off duty. Once the bad people know you're a cop might as well start digging your own grave. Kid you not, life here is like the movie end of watch

You don't want that broke.. It will leave more dead cops if hey would patrol the Area they live, at least here they would . Cops are hated and if they know the neighbor is a cop his dead. there are times when cops are stalked then killed when off duty. Once the bad people know you're a cop might as well start digging your own grave. Kid you not, life here is like the movie end of watch

I believe that 100%

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

• 4 months later...

Sounds like Little LA, aka Winslow Arizona, got family out there and every time I'd visit, man it was rough out there.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Archived