DC Sound Lab

XL subs are rated to 2200rms so you are running the right amp to it, so the only thing i could think of is you were running it way below tuning and unloading it with that big of a box.

infrasonic/subsonic filter is your friend :)

XL subs are rated to 2200rms so you are running the right amp to it, so the only thing i could think of is you were running it way below tuning and unloading it with that big of a box.

infrasonic/subsonic filter is your friend :)

Word, my level 6's like to dig low, but i still set the subsonic around 26hz and put a -6db slope at 30hz on my head unit just in case. It sucks having a trunk setup and not being able to hear a sub hitting its mechanical limit tho, may have saved it if he heard it.

Thanks for all the input guys. I decided to get in touch with DC audio and they stated more than likely one of the coils was burnt as a result of my box being too big so I'm going to have them repair it. Also I did have my infrasonic filter set to the 'on' position but I'm not too sure what frequency that is really set to. But anyways seeing as this is my second time blowing this woofer I'll probably just have to be more attentive to the recommended enclosure size to avoid the headache in the future.

Thanks for all the input guys. I decided to get in touch with DC audio and they stated more than likely one of the coils was burnt as a result of my box being too big so I'm going to have them repair it. Also I did have my infrasonic filter set to the 'on' position but I'm not too sure what frequency that is really set to. But anyways seeing as this is my second time blowing this woofer I'll probably just have to be more attentive to the recommended enclosure size to avoid the headache in the future.

Again T2000 infrasonic filter is at 28hz.

WCA Rusty, that already posted In this thread, owns DC Audio. FYI