Second Skin Audio

How much should i charge for this box?

Jacob Toivonen

I purchased a sundown x 18 rev. 2. Beautiful sub, especially for my first system. We designed a 6.8cu box at 31hz with 120sq in of port. The process we used was 3/4 inch mdf, 2 inch wood screws, liquid nails, then fiberglass resin. After we let it dry, we tried to put it in my friends trunk and we couldnt make it fit. The seats dont move either, so even if it fit through the doors, we couldnt get it in. Im going to sell this box on craigslist after we carpet it. How much should i charge for it?

Price of materials. Then buy more materials and try again. Mock up a cardboard box before you build to make sure it will clear the trunk opening.

Price of materials. Then buy more materials and try again. Mock up a cardboard box before you build to make sure it will clear the trunk opening.

+1. You will be lucky if you can get the cost of materials out of it. While it was custom built box for you car, to everyone else its just another premade box. You may have a very hard time selling it at any price.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived