Second Skin Audio

12" Aero port install

Wassup guys I'm doing a port swap in the next few days and trying to get opinions/suggestions. I have a box 39.5h x 41.5w x 13.5" d (outer dimensions) with a port 12h x 10w x 40" l which gives me 6.8 cubes tuned at 31hz with 17.75 port per cube. It's just not giving me as much pressure I want on lows. The new port is 12" o.d. Pvc (11.5" I.d.) x 36" l with 2-4" external. This will give me about 8 cubes tuned at 29 with 14.25 p.p.c. I don't have anything to lose, and I'm not building a new box until I design a 6th. So what are your thoughts on what I have now?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

A Fi Q motor on a 6 spoke 18 basket with nomex spiders and SPL audio recone. And a cheap boss r3400 for now. Yes I know... Boss

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Well I suppose you have nothing to lose, and it might be an interesting experiment. I wouldn't expect much difference though.

Probably what's holding your performance back the most is you are only using a 1,000 watt amp.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah if that much. I'm just not having th e lows I want now I think because how my port is located. But true don't have much to lose.

A Fi Q motor on a 6 spoke 18 basket with nomex spiders and SPL audio recone. And a cheap boss r3400 for now. Yes I know... Boss

The boss amp and SPL audio recone are probably the things holding you back.. Original recone is always better for a Fi subwoofer.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

It also has a different basket so Fis recone won't fit. Spider landing is larger than my fi 12 spoke 18" basket. I don't think I'm having sub problems by far. It's loud in the box I have now on 28 and up but I want to get a lil lower. And yeah like I said it's boss I'm surprised its not in flames @ 1ohm Lol.

I say its loud 28 n up. More like 32 n up right now

Archived